Dump valve and air induction kit?

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
Hi

I'm considering a dump valve for the unmistakable hiss when changing gear. A mate of mine with a focus rs has told be that his dump valve releases the pressure into the air box and as such has had to have an open air filter fitted too. If I were to fit a dump valve will I need the same set up or does the dump valve release into the atmosphere instead??

To be honest I'm also considering an enclosed air induction kit with cold air feed for the noise it makes, is this advisable? What kind of set ups do you guys have?

Cheers

Ps. If you read my other thread on exhausts I think I've made my mind up and am going to order a blueflame catback for now! Can't wait.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
A modded airbox and a Forge Split-R will give a bit of noise but they are not very loud.

VAG engine's dont like atmos D/V's

B3LSY

ive got a standard air box smoothed out with a pipercross panel filter,and a forge 007p dump valve dosent come into the atmosphere,but make a sound in the air box were it releases

B3LSY

get a split r an a open cone air filter jetex are good, vag is audi/seat/skoda/vw

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
i have k&n 57i with forge 007dv, nice hiss, not too loud, you dont want to sound chavvy now do you, also look to upgrade the t.i.p to a forge.samco etc, this will make it a little louder.

also it is really a diverter valve not dump valve, stick to forge 007p or 006, not splir r, as said vag do not like atmospheric whoosy whoosy valves.

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
that sounds good, yeh dont want too loud just want to know its there. i still want the engine running sweet tho wen you say VAG engines dont like atmos DVs would you suffer from misfires etc? I'm not down with that!

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
They go into limp mode because they are getting faulse reading's.

A remap will also help to make it a bit louder but it will never be Cossie loud.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
they dont like atmospheric blow off valves, like the evos and skylines have...

stick to forge 007 recirc valve and youll be fine, no faults, engine will run better due to being able to hold boost longer, as the plastic oe bosch valve can collapse on high boost.

worthwile mod

careful on the k&n with the oil, use very little and paper towel it down when you get it, the mafs on vag dont like oil mate

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
mass air flow, sensor that measures the airflow mate, gets oiled up and breaks down.....

resulting in lumpy performance.

if you use the search button in the menu screen and type in all these words pal, theres loads of info on them. learn as you go then, really youll learn this stuff quickly on here

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
ha i thought i knew a little bit about cars and engines and stuff but i have no clue with abbreviations!!

ive started a new thread now asking about brakes! Im going the nurburgring again in May and wanting the motor smart as poss beforehand! youve all been a great help so far!

Blueflame exhaust, forge 007 dv and K+n all lined up so far i think!