what did you and your mk3 leon do today

MikeFr

Mar 3, 2014
I thought the weather would make everyone get out the cleaning rags;)

Gave mine a quick wash yesterday but didn't get any further than that.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I thought the weather would make everyone get out the cleaning rags;)

Gave mine a quick wash yesterday but didn't get any further than that.

I wish I had time. I had to wave goodbye to the sun to catch a flight to Glasgow which did not dissapoint in its tempreture, greyness or precipitation!

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Went to work, then driving back home on the A3, the tyre pressure warning light came on.
Could not stop so stopped somewhere safe a few miles on driving slowly and found the near side rear flat as a pancake :cry:

Pumped up with the compressor with just air and was enough to get me home so looks like a slow puncture but tyre must have been almost flat when the warning came on.

Only checked the tyres last week as well.
Ah well, off to the tyre fitters tomorrow :(

Ant

Jan 19, 2014
North Somerset
Went to work, then driving back home on the A3, the tyre pressure warning light came on.
Could not stop so stopped somewhere safe a few miles on driving slowly and found the near side rear flat as a pancake :cry:

Pumped up with the compressor with just air and was enough to get me home so looks like a slow puncture but tyre must have been almost flat when the warning came on.

Only checked the tyres last week as well.
Ah well, off to the tyre fitters tomorrow :(

I had the same last Thursday - the light came on as I was leaving work, so stopped in a conveniently-placed shopping centre a couple of miles later (since it still felt fine), and measured 15psi in the offside rear. Couldn't see anything stuck in it, so I pumped it back up to normal pressure and went into the shops to get some food and see if it went down again in the meantime. 10 minutes and 4psi later, on went the spacesaver and cruise control at 50mph for the motorway drive home, much to the delight of everyone else heading southbound on the M5... :)

Had a closer look when I got home, and there was a nice shiny phillips head a couple of inches from the inner sidewall. Credit to Holders of Congresbury though - repaired it the same afternoon I phoned them as well as refitting it and tidying up the kit spread around the boot for £14.40 altogether.

Surprised that the tyre pressure monitoring detected it so quickly though, since I had added a few psi to each tyre the weekend before and forgotten to recalibrate it. Probably more surprising though, is that the ride quality was noticeably better with the spacesaver on :p

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
Time to jump on the car cleaning bandwagon me thinks, spent a good amount of time yesterday with the wash, polish and wax. Pretty happy with the results, just a shame the sun went in when taking some photos today!
dyju8egy.jpg

vane4aqe.jpg

yry3a3y7.jpg

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Nice looking clean examples there :)
I cleaned mine and polished it and need to seal it tomorrow as I did not have time.
Might upload a few pics tomorrow of it nice and fresh :)

Anyway, got new tyre today as the inside of the other tyre had a bit of a groove in it from the flat, not bad but never going to take a chance on it, so almost £150 lighter for the new Continental :(

Could have got a fitted price cheaper online but for the sakes of £20 and waiting for rubber then booking it in for fitting, I just got it done :)

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Dean, I want wate purely due to the amount of envy I keep having of your car.......

But luckily your to friendly and helpful to hate.....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Thanks guys. I'm super happy with them! When the light catches them they look amazing.

Last edited:

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
hi dean did you paint the calipers if so did you use hammerite,if you go onto ebay you can buy seat decals for the calipers they would look good in white i have red ones on silver calipers just sets them off a bit ,but thinking of doing them red

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Essex
hi dean did you paint the calipers if so did you use hammerite,if you go onto ebay you can buy seat decals for the calipers they would look good in white i have red ones on silver calipers just sets them off a bit

Hi.They were removed and powder coated. I will take a look at the decals, thanks.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Wheel Tec in Braintree. They were on wheeler dealers, top blokes. I put 2 cars through them and got a good price. £500 for 8 wheels and the calipers + VAT.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Yes. It was more of a fcuk about than I had hoped but it is bang on now. The glove box is not exactly straight and true so I made a template from the straight edges of paper and some tape:

8evamybe.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise