Tyre recommendations

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
Tyre choice is quite a personal thing IMO, as everyone has their own idea of what they want in terms of grip (wet and dry) / wear / cost / noise / comfort / looks from their tyres.

My own preference on my Ibizas (and most other cars) is the Toyo T1-R, which ticks all of the boxes for me, although I do know that some people find they wear pretty quickly if you often drive aggressively. If you want to do track days then I would look elsewhere. If you can drive with a bit of empathy that is not an issue. I believe these are going obsolete, so may be some bargains to be had if you shop around. Do not be tempted to go for the T1-S instead, this is a different beast.

M.B

Oct 8, 2015
The Netherlands
If money is not an issue then stick with Michelin Pilot Sport 3, otherwise Toyo t1r as mentioned, they are very sticky but in wet Michelin will do it better.

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
Glad to help. Once you have the T1-Rs fitted, give them 100-150 miles before you push on. They start off with a fairly low level of grip, but after those initial miles are out of the way you will see the true performance. This is probably true of most road tyres, but particularly noticeable on these Toyos.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.