Piggyback ecu choices

Brasso

Mar 5, 2018
I've started looking into the different piggy back ecus to throw into my 5f 1.8 FR 180 TSi. I've seen various different posts about having REVO,TDUK, Racechip and a couple of others but what are folk opinions on best value for money and performance post instalation? What models of these manufacturers do you guys recommend? And has anyone had installation, running issues? Other factors I'm looking at as well are how easy is it to change the functions and has anyone used Racechip with the additional phone app? I don't want anything that will flag remap on the ecu although I know it will highlight higher running pressures on the turbo and fuel side but it's their word against mine once the chip is removed if there were to be any issues regarding warranty.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
:whistle:Personally I don't think you can handle any more power. :) :whistle:

Last edited:

Brasso

Mar 5, 2018
:whistle:Personally I don't think you can handle any more power. :) :whistle:
It's my Mrs I don't trust with the car thats why I want the option to change the function I've seen her parking that's enough for me to make my mind up

Hughsey

Jan 23, 2016
I've started looking into the different piggy back ecus to throw into my 5f 1.8 FR 180 TSi. I've seen various different posts about having REVO,TDUK, Racechip and a couple of others but what are folk opinions on best value for money and performance post instalation? What models of these manufacturers do you guys recommend? And has anyone had installation, running issues? Other factors I'm looking at as well are how easy is it to change the functions and has anyone used Racechip with the additional phone app? I don't want anything that will flag remap on the ecu although I know it will highlight higher running pressures on the turbo and fuel side but it's their word against mine once the chip is removed if there were to be any issues regarding warranty.

DSG or Manual?

DSG has max torque of 250nm due to it been a dry gearbox I believe

leonisis

Quick enough for me....
Mar 21, 2016
Bangor NI
Manual

I've had the DTUK Box on now for 18 months with no,issues whatsoever. Personally I've found it to be excellent and gives all the performance expected, although others will certainly not agree.
Mine has the 6 speed manual box as well.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.