Enable Optical Parking Assistant

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Does anybody know if I am able to have the Optical Parking Assistant enabled on my 18 plate Leon? I know it came with the Park Assistance Pack that I didn't order.

I also wish that I had ordered the Convenience Pack Plus. Does anyone know what is required to fit the automatic lights and auto dimming rear view mirror.

Cheers.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
If you've got the Park Assistance Pack, then it should show the ParkPilot on the screen. You can confirm if you've got the pack by seeing if you've got parking sensors on the front bumper.

SEAT dropped the front parking sensors as standard back in 2016, just before mine was built..... I've therefore only got rear parking sensors, and nothing comes up on the screen when I put it in reverse, just the beeps.

I specifically bought Carista so I can enable the ParkPilot for the rear sensors.

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Thanks for the info chaps, now I have to decide if its worth purchasing an OBDeleven or if there is a friendly forum member local I should to me in the East Midlands who wouldn't mind making the changes for a few beer tokens.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I think its only enabled if u option park assistance pack....or have OBD11 or Carista....like everyone else said!!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Thanks for the info chaps, now I have to decide if its worth purchasing an OBDeleven or if there is a friendly forum member local I should to me in the East Midlands who wouldn't mind making the changes for a few beer tokens.

Have you checked to see if you've got front parking sensors in the front bumper? If you have them, then you shouldn't have to buy ODB11, Carista, etc., as the ParkPilot should already be there.

Another check is to see if you've got the 'P' button on the centre console, to the left of the hazard lights.

seat-leon-5f-optical-parking-sensors-retrofit-ops-button-ilumination_cropped_button.jpg

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Have you checked to see if you've got front parking sensors in the front bumper? If you have them, then you shouldn't have to buy ODB11, Carista, etc., as the ParkPilot should already be there.

Another check is to see if you've got the 'P' button on the centre console, to the left of the hazard lights.

seat-leon-5f-optical-parking-sensors-retrofit-ops-button-ilumination_cropped_button.jpg

I definitely haven't got front parking sensors or the P button, I was expecting the display to work as it did on the 14 plate Leon I had last year and my wife's Skoda Fabia.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
If you've got the Park Assistance Pack, then it should show the ParkPilot on the screen. You can confirm if you've got the pack by seeing if you've got parking sensors on the front bumper.

SEAT dropped the front parking sensors as standard back in 2016, just before mine was built..... I've therefore only got rear parking sensors, and nothing comes up on the screen when I put it in reverse, just the beeps.

I specifically bought Carista so I can enable the ParkPilot for the rear sensors.

Wondering if you enable parking pilot recently on Carista or a while ago, I got Carista for my Leon which I got back in September and never had an option for the parking pilot sadly

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Doesnt appear it is on carista. Dont think carista device is compatible with obd11 app

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
If you are not familiar with obdeleven, this site lists many of the changes you can make using simple adaptations with the obdeleven pro version.

http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations.

It also has apps for many of the more common changes. Each app costs 10 credits. It comes with 10 credits and you get one additional credit each day if you log on.

obdeleven pro costs about £58 from the manufacturer and works with all vag cars.

Deleted member 103408

If you are not familiar with obdeleven, this site lists many of the changes you can make using simple adaptations with the obdeleven pro version.

http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations.

It also has apps for many of the more common changes. Each app costs 10 credits. It comes with 10 credits and you get one additional credit each day if you log on.

obdeleven pro costs about £58 from the manufacturer and works with all vag cars.

Sorry to correct you but you can get 6 credits a day (one to log on and 5 more watching adverts).

For facelift cars use this link

http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/1887/coding-adaptions

Last edited by a moderator:

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
U can also put the date forward a day on device, then load up app and u get a credit too!

Deleted member 103408

U can also put the date forward a day on device, then load up app and u get a credit too!

And from memory you get the credits per device so if you log on via you phone and then tablet you get even more. Although to be honest I now have over 1600 credits and never use them except when testing out apps for other people. Coding is best.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Wondering if you enable parking pilot recently on Carista or a while ago, I got Carista for my Leon which I got back in September and never had an option for the parking pilot sadly

I haven't tried Carista yet, but probably will do this weekend.

On the Carista website it shows the pre-facelift to have the 'Park distance visualization (if equipped)
Yes / No' option, but this option is not shown on the facelift.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Is there anyone in Cornwall/Sussex/South London that has access to Carista or ODBeleven that would be willing to enable this for me please? Beer tokens/cash payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
I haven't tried Carista yet, but probably will do this weekend.

On the Carista website it shows the pre-facelift to have the 'Park distance visualization (if equipped)
Yes / No' option, but this option is not shown on the facelift.

Let me know how you get on with it.

JCleon

May 31, 2015
I just bought OBDEleven and can confirm I can enable Optical Parking Assistant on my 17 facelift. Using the built in app feature allowed me to enable it without the need for the PRO version.