P21W Side light / DRL replacement options?

Squifferz

Mar 15, 2018
Alright guys, searched the forums and online to hell to the point of making this account for the forums!

All the bulb sites online seem to suggest the MK3 has 501 side lights, so without checking my car, I ordered a twin pack of 501 COB LED's... Aaaaand they don't fit.

My side lights are P21W's and for some reason I can't seem to find anyone online with the same even on this forum?

My concern is if I get Cree P21W LED's on fleabay then it'll throw up a dash error. So I could fix that with a resistor kit.. but where's the wires to do so?

This is the first car I've had (only had 5 months) that's had sidelights that just pop out of the holder with no wiring involved, so I'm guessing it uses metal contacts inside to make the connection, meaning a resistor kit would be a pain in the ass to fit.

So far, looks like no easy fix just to get some nice white DRL's! Literally just want my side lights to not be a crap warm light. :confused:

Any advice?

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Should be able to get error free canbus compatible ones from either ebay or amazon

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Skilledmilk

Feb 23, 2017
I had the same thoughts when I got my mk3 last year, wanted rid of the warm light of the DRL/sidelights. Try auto bulbs direct on google (can't post links yet) and search for led p21w bulbs.

I have the Osram ones, very bright and a nice white colour with no errors on dash. I also replaced the reverse light with one of the twenty20 ones which I think are even brighter than the Osrams, again no errors.

Squifferz

Mar 15, 2018
I had the same thoughts when I got my mk3 last year, wanted rid of the warm light of the DRL/sidelights. Try auto bulbs direct on google (can't post links yet) and search for led p21w bulbs.

I have the Osram ones, very bright and a nice white colour with no errors on dash. I also replaced the reverse light with one of the twenty20 ones which I think are even brighter than the Osrams, again no errors.

Just ordered the twenty20 ones, fingers crossed no errors with them, thanks for the info, been struggling to find anything that would work.

Still so confused how it seems like no one else seems to have the P21W bulbs, what year is your MK3?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.