RECALL: Brake Servo Hose

flashbsd

Hi lal, just to let you know, seat ibiza cupra's with the year 2001 plate, (X , Y and 51) have been recalled, went in to purchase a pipe today and they said its been recalled! :drool:

Booked in this week to be replaced free of charge :)

**** Dormouse Edit ****

Quote RECALL 47S3

Last edited by a moderator:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Is it a proper DVLA involved recall? As I won't be taking my GF's Ibiza back to any of the local dealers unless we get a letter

flashbsd

dont think ive sene it anywhere, but mines getting done :) thought it might be worth you lot knowing as ive seen a few on here. car has done 22k btw and its cracked already!

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
BMcN said:
I got a letter at Xmas time that the car has been recalled. Have not phoned yet to see what its about. I'll do it tomorrow and see what its about.

Typical Jock :rolleyes: ;)

If it splits you'll see what its about (as you proceed to the scene of the nearest accident). :(

edc

Blue Leather & Shiny Bits
Feb 8, 2002
Surrey
www.clairecoileytrust.com
m0rk said:
are you confusing warranty with recall?

Recalls are issued thru DVLA

I think the recalls are issued by the manufacturers themselves, off their own back, or pressure from VOSA/Customers. IIRC VOSA and DVLA just use their database to get as many of the owners as poss.

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
If there is a recall, will the dealer do it even if the hose isnt cracked?
might give my local dealer a ring tomorrow and find out the situation.

flashbsd

yeah. it possibly could go at any time, it looks like the pipe is actually a bit on the small side to be stretched obver the tpiece

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'm just waiting on a reply back from SEAT UK, so it'll save you calling if you can't be assed to explain it to a befuddled service manager

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
spinrs2k said:
why would you want to do that? is your new one cracking already?

I thought maybe they were fitting a more suitable pipe, not much point if they've replaced the original with the same thing.

I'm a little confused with this, is it work done free by seat if requested as opposed to an actual recall?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise