VWR 600, Revo of APR intake anybody?

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

Looking at intakes at the moment preparing for Stage 2 - most of all due to the fact that is miss some sound from the engine. Secondly because I came across another Cupra that had a new exhaust with significantly bigger than stock tailpipes in Audi RS style and it looked so good - the stock tailpipes now look kind of pathetic..

Anybody that has experience with either of the above? Airflow should be more than sufficient with all of the above but what about the sound - how much of a difference does it make compared to stock? How much did you pay for yours?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've spent about a fortnight now listening to intakes on youtube and still can't decide :(. I'd narrowed it down to Evoms or Revo. The VWR is a bit pricey for me. From what I've read on here, all that have bought the Revo are really pleased with it. Plus I have a Revo map and would hope that with the Revo intake there would be no compatability issues.

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
I've spent about a fortnight now listening to intakes on youtube and still can't decide :(. I'd narrowed it down to Evoms or Revo. The VWR is a bit pricey for me. From what I've read on here, all that have bought the Revo are really pleased with it. Plus I have a Revo map and would hope that with the Revo intake there would be no compatability issues.

About the same for me...

I would like to have the Revo intake but the price I have been quoted is significantly higher than the VWR - what have you been quoted for the Revo intake?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Price for the intake was mid £300s. But thats for the standard one, not the fancy ceramic coated one.

Not sure on the etiquette for quoting someone else but this also further reinforced my choice to go for a Revo map / Revo intake:

I would also point out to people that if you have other mods to your car they may impact the mapping process (for example my original VWR R600 Air Box did not work well on my car with the Revo software)

from this thread:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=435493&page=3

But I would assume Revo would test their map with their own intake and likely make adjustments where necessary.

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
Perfect g....is this for a MK2 or MK3?

Just fitted the Forge to my MK3. Not that much sound difference as I am still stock till next week.

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
Perfect g....is this for a MK2 or MK3?

Just fitted the Forge to my MK3. Not that much sound difference as I am still stock till next week.

Mk3 st 290.

Any difference in drivability?

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
I have the vwr and can't say it is much of a difference in sound. And I don't think you will hear any difference on any other closed intake. It's subtle if any.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.