Altea Freetrack 2.0 tfsi - modifications help!!!

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
Hi all

its been a while since i last owned a seat! bigger family this time round so have decided to try the freetrack!!!

straight away i can see that theres not many fans on here!!!

can anyone help with advising on the best way forward for the following mods....

*most cost effective way to lower the freetrack by 40-70mm - can i use the standard XL springs to reduce height by 40mm???? or potentially 70mm lowering springs designed for altea xl???

*most cost effective way to increase the performance of the front brakes - i did like my brembo's on my cupra R. but there not cheap for the freetrack. what can i utilise from the VW/audi group that will help?? S3 set up?? R32 setup???

looking to complete a stage 1 map to get approx 250BHP. hence the brakes above.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

minimarvel

Mar 3, 2017
ESSEX UK
Octavia scout, yeti. Tiguan, 4 motion golf, A3 quatrro, Q3

Phone some advertisers from out a PVW mag. Shocks and bumpstops as well as springs? rollbars? airride?

Brake donors Audi TT, A4, S4 S6, SQ3, SQ5, Golf TSI-R, Passat R36, Toureag, Porsche boxter, cayenne?

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
Octavia scout, yeti. Tiguan, 4 motion golf, A3 quatrro, Q3

Phone some advertisers from out a PVW mag. Shocks and bumpstops as well as springs? rollbars? airride?

Brake donors Audi TT, A4, S4 S6, SQ3, SQ5, Golf TSI-R, Passat R36, Toureag, Porsche boxter, cayenne?

Appreciate the help on the springs, will have a look.

Does anyone know if the altea xl stanard springs would fit the freetrack as this would give me a 40mm drop.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Kev @ Revo bought my Freetrack, it's sat on coilovers with a set of their brakes

14446019_309604699406912_6784505398916066012_n.jpg

It also has Stage 3+ so is fairly quick too now

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
Kev @ Revo bought my Freetrack, it's sat on coilovers with a set of their brakes

14446019_309604699406912_6784505398916066012_n.jpg

It also has Stage 3+ so is fairly quick too now

Thanks appreciate the pic n info, looks nice. Are they 18" or 19" wheels?? Ride height looks good, but I don't want to spend to much on lowering hence looking at just springs or utilising oem altea xl springs. Need to do some more research.

eddyb99

Nov 24, 2016
Hi all

its been a while since i last owned a seat! bigger family this time round so have decided to try the freetrack!!!

straight away i can see that theres not many fans on here!!!

can anyone help with advising on the best way forward for the following mods....

*most cost effective way to lower the freetrack by 40-70mm - can i use the standard XL springs to reduce height by 40mm???? or potentially 70mm lowering springs designed for altea xl???

*most cost effective way to increase the performance of the front brakes - i did like my brembo's on my cupra R. but there not cheap for the freetrack. what can i utilise from the VW/audi group that will help?? S3 set up?? R32 setup???

looking to complete a stage 1 map to get approx 250BHP. hence the brakes above.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

79e03a93cf9dbf903e8bd2811c503217.jpg

I've cupra r fronts on my altea tfsi... I bought it with them already fitted but was told they were off a 2015 cupra r...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddyb99

Nov 24, 2016
They look good, looks like you got them in with the original 17" wheels, bonus. Have you ever thought of lowering?? If so please share!

I have thought about dropping it 30 mil just but have decided not too as it's a family wagon after all so don't want to spoil comfort plus nearly every street in a 100 mile radius from where I live has speed bumps lol

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
I have thought about dropping it 30 mil just but have decided not too as it's a family wagon after all so don't want to spoil comfort plus nearly every street in a 100 mile radius from where I live has speed bumps lol

How were you going to go about dropping 30mm, what make springs were you going to use.

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
Was going to use lowering springs... H&R are meant to be decent... around £170 for a set on Ebay.

I can't find any springs for the freetrack at all! Just finding altea xl 30/40mm drop. That means a total drop off 70/80mm which will not be gentle on the current shocks!

H&R that you found were they specifically for the freetrack???

Reactions: Dani Diaz

eddyb99

Nov 24, 2016
I can't find any springs for the freetrack at all! Just finding altea xl 30/40mm drop. That means a total drop off 70/80mm which will not be gentle on the current shocks!

H&R that you found were they specifically for the freetrack???

No mate they were for the altea... being a sort of off roader and it generally sitting higher because of that lowering it may cause all sorts of problems for you but I really can't say... I'm sure someone here will know though.

BASH29

Nov 4, 2009
East Midlands
At the moment it looks like for a 40mm drop the best option is to use the OEM altea xl springs, will have a better look once the freetrack arrived in the weekend.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.