Oops, I bought a Cupra st 280

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
I didn't mean to buy a Cupra. I only test drove it to rule it out of the running.
I was going for a Golf R as I think I'm due a midlife crisis and that fits the bill nicely. The thing is to get the spec I wanted and at a fair price/age/mileage wasn't proving too easy. My insurance on my then current Seat Altea xl (sensible family car and brilliant at it) was up for renewal and I didn't want to have to renew and possibly cancel not long after and have to pay admin fees so I decided to have a look at the Leon Cupra ST 280. I never knew they done the Cupra as an estate so that was a nice surprise. Sold the better half on it still being a sensible family car with it being an estate. It was also a fair price and spec for year and mileage (15 plate, 11k miles).
A test drive was arranged and was short. I huffed and puffed and got a proper test drive and might have accidentally bought it right after. Oops. I hope I've done the right thing. It does make me smile and giggle like a loon when my foot gets heavy. I does however drink like a fish and is also a good bit quieter than I would like. It's damn near silent, even when ragging it. I don't mind when doing the school run etc but I would like a bit of a grumble when I push the Cupra button but I have already read about deletes (?) to make it a wee bit more exotic so may do that one day.
So that's about it. Middle aged dude having a middle aged crisis and bought a middle aged lunatic family car lol
Cheers, Boab.

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Enjoy, I know I do mate. I was getting a 1.4 SC Titanium until I drove the Cupra......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Boab

Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
Thanks for the welcome :)
I wasn't sure how active the forums are but I see there's still life in this format yet. Facebook having killed almost every other form of online interaction!

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Welcome! Now get hold of obdeleven and turn that stupid sound actuator off :D

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Either that or physically disconnect it. There's a thread here on the mk3 subforum where some members have done so.

Boab

Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
I was thinking of just pulling a wire if possible but it's no a big deal at the moment.
Will probably just enjoy the car as is for a while as only had for a week today.

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
I was thinking of just pulling a wire if possible but it's no a big deal at the moment.

Will probably just enjoy the car as is for a while as only had for a week today.

I've never used OBDeleven so not sure what it's capable of. I've got VCDS and am happy to do any coding for you. PM me where about you are.

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
I'd love to get auto fold mirrors and turn off the fake induction noise!!

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Go on then, how do you do it without Vcds etc

Boab

Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
So can you only hear the sound inside the car and only when giving it the beans? I'm no sure what the sound is. I notice a deeper growl when I put hoof to floor and thought that may be it or coming from the speakers.

Boab

Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
I've never used OBDeleven so not sure what it's capable of. I've got VCDS and am happy to do any coding for you. PM me where about you are.
Dodds I dont think I can message yet as only have a few posts to my name. I'm no sure what OBDeleven or VCDS are so I need to investigate a bit. Only had the car a fortnight now so no in a hurry to mess with its brains yet.
Cheers, Boab.

dodds_turbo

OEM+ member
Sep 4, 2016
Edinburgh
Testing to see if I can share pics of the car yet.

http://https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3cQUSbnGjD1Mlc2OWZXZER4Ymc

Would appear not.

You need to add the [ IMG] [ /IMG] round the link. Also you need the correct picture only link. It'll end in (.jpg) or (.png)

0B3cQUSbnGjD1Mlc2OWZXZER4Ymc

Last edited:

Boab

Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
Tried that as well. Just got a wee box with no pictures ture in it. Am using giggle drive to host them as signed up to photobucket and got hit with loads of adverts eating all the bandwidth and loads of pop ups so deleted that.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.