Fog and reverse light problem

YusufDemirel

Mar 27, 2017
Hey guys I own a 2009 ibiza 6j SC.

I recently bought led taillights from the facelifted model. They are from a damaged vehicle from the UK. My car is from Belgium. They work fine except for 1 thing. When I reverse, my fog light goes on. When I put my fog light on, my reverse light goes on. Fog light should be on the driver's side, that's what causes the problem I think. Is there an easy fix for this? Anyone with experience? Any help is appreciated.

Kinds regards

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
Hey guys I own a 2009 ibiza 6j SC.

I recently bought led taillights from the facelifted model. They are from a damaged vehicle from the UK. My car is from Belgium. They work fine except for 1 thing. When I reverse, my fog light goes on. When I put my fog light on, my reverse light goes on. Fog light should be on the driver's side, that's what causes the problem I think. Is there an easy fix for this? Anyone with experience? Any help is appreciated.

Kinds regards

tried putting the reverse bulb/fog in where it would be on a LHD vehicle?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'm not sure about being able to do that, how much of these face lift lights are LEDs?

One issue will be that as far as I know, FOG and REVERSE lights are fitted in the opposite position on LHD cars wrt RHD cars, so I'd expect the LED(s) to be the wrong colour - so maybe you would need to break open the clusters and swop the LEDs across - but will they be manufactured in a way that allows you to do that?

If that is not the problem, then maybe the wiring contact in the clusters needs to be moved on both sides to correct what is happening?

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
I'm not sure about being able to do that, how much of these face lift lights are LEDs?

One issue will be that as far as I know, FOG and REVERSE lights are fitted in the opposite position on LHD cars wrt RHD cars, so I'd expect the LED(s) to be the wrong colour - so maybe you would need to break open the clusters and swop the LEDs across - but will they be manufactured in a way that allows you to do that?

If that is not the problem, then maybe the wiring contact in the clusters needs to be moved on both sides to correct what is happening?

oh there LED! erm, u need specific ones for LHD then.