Why are certain sites filtered?

antnee

Why are some sites filtered?

Eg, I have my signiture set up so if you click on the picture it goes to my progress thread which is on another site. This site is now filtered so you cant go to that link anymore.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
You will find, on any site, theres usually one or two sites that fall into the realm of the filter, there could be a million and one reasons for this, although usual common sense would suggest its a site that for whatever reason has had 'bad beef' with the site that has it in its filter. Not knowing ( nor not really wanting to know which site it is) I can only offer the above as pure conjecture
:D

*just as an Idea, why not set up a progress thread on here, too ?

Last edited:

charnandy

Ibiza Guru
Aug 26, 2008
I noticed this too. I had a link removed in my sig because it linked to a website about MK5 ibizas. Whats the deal with that?!

antnee

Ive never seen on any of the forums Im on (and thats loads! Im really quick at filling forms :) ) any sites filtered (except ones which contain viruses or p0rn etc)

I do have a thread on here too as well as a few other sites, its annoying having to remember to update every site its on, much easier to have it on one site with a link to that (like i do!)

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
*could also be something to do with the linky in your Sig about Carbon bonnets.. Group Buys have to be run through a very stringent procedure, and the link may have been filtered due to that

antnee

Seem all links to the site are filtered, not just that one link, and I cant take that out of my sig cos it contains 'banned words'

antnee

Thanks for editing my sig.

But my question still stands, why are certain sites filtered?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members