Awesome Parts Thread - A message for the opinionated.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
It's like talking to a brick wall lol. This could go on all night so i'll just leave it at that I think. Just one last thing, trust seems to be the main issue with yourself which I agree with however you need to be open to trust for it to work.

When your getting the legal threats and dealing with people who appear to make you guilty by association you'll understand why we are reluctant. We don't need the grief.

The time effort and money involved to properly administer any kind of secure system and checking up on the details given makes it an impossible task. Regardless of how other forums do it, that's their choice.

Until you do it for yourself and get all the unnecessary stress it causes then I'm sure we'll take heed of your valued pearls of wisdom.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I've obviously hit a nerve there. This thread was made for a discussion yes, no need for the childish comments.

Not at all, totally relaxed, nothing you can say would get my back up unless of course you want to start trading insults, but that's not my style [B)]

But this isn't really a discussion, its your opinion and my opinion and whatever I say to the contrary falls on death ears anyway so its a pointless discussion really isn't it. :)

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Like wise. No matter what the members say at the end of the day we have no say how the site is ran.

As you say I have an opinion and you obviously think its worthless. Fair enough :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Like wise. No matter what the members say at the end of the day we have no say how the site is ran.

As you say I have an opinion and you obviously think its worthless. Fair enough :)

Yup. I have no shame or reason to say otherwise.

Not sure if you were expecting some kind of denial, but your either free to use the site and your free not to use it and at no point did we take a penny off you. Great isn't it. [B)]

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
I'd happily pay a fee to use the site as long as I was getting use of its full facilities. I know of no other site I need to pay to become a member unless its for use of things like the classifieds.

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004

Are you willing to step in an take legal responsibility for every advert and any comeback in the event of someone getting scammed?

I expect that if zboyd and mork didn't have to worry about legal action being started against them as well as the whining from the scammed people because you were ready to take the grief and liability then they may start to consider bringing back the for sale section.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Mork has already put forward a brilliant idea in this thread to which I agreed lol

What more can I say. As zboyd has said its all based on trust. Well you need to be open to it first.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Well maybe if people stopped with some of idiotic stuff and let the powers that be actually have the time to get things implimented, then stuff like the Sale section might be reinstated. ever thought of that one?

:shrug:

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Are you willing to step in an take legal responsibility for every advert and any comeback in the event of someone getting scammed?

I expect that if zboyd and mork didn't have to worry about legal action being started against them as well as the whining from the scammed people because you were ready to take the grief and liability then they may start to consider bringing back the for sale section.

I missed you getting in on the action lol. No matter what steps are taken someone will always try it on. I've been using the forums for years now and that's just the way of it unfortunately. At the end of he day the admin of any site can only do so much with regards to thieving scum but were all adults in here and by now we should know how a sale over the net works. Again it's all down to trust which can only be earned and past history.

Now let me be clear this is just a discussion I'm having here so before anyone starts with the silly comments towards me don't bother lol.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Mork has already put forward a brilliant idea in this thread to which I agreed lol

What more can I say. As zboyd has said its all based on trust. Well you need to be open to it first.

When your talking about a small number of people or companies (for example the current sponsor list is in the teens), its a relatively easy process to conduct.

When its in the 1000's plus that require vetting there is a little more work involved, all well and good having these theoretical ideas but they have to be practical and achievable in the real world.

If the site was to become a full time business, maximise its commercial potential and fleece its members for their cold hard cash then I'm sure it would achieve that theoretical goal.

But its not our ambition to do that, and never will be. So the theory falls apart.

..and to add if someone wants to do that with their own venture/forum/website who am I to stand in their way.

Last edited:

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
When your talking about a small number of people or companies (for example the current sponsor list is in the teens), its a relatively easy process to conduct.

When its in the 1000's plus that requiring vetting there is a little more work involved, all well and good having these theoretical ideas but they have to be practical and achievable in the real world.

If the site was to become a full time business, maximise its commercial potential and fleece its members for their cold hard cash then I'm sure it would achieve that theoretical goal.

But its not our ambition to do that, and never will be. So the theory falls apart.

Look just to be clear. I'm not dissing the site in anyway or how yous run it. It's just frustrating seeing such a big site fall that little bit short of it full potential because some adults on here can't use there head properly and when it goes tits up they try to blame other people.

Anyways it's been fun (kinda) but I really hope that one day soon the site can be used to it's full potential without fear of untrustworthy people ruining it.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Look just to be clear. I'm not dissing the site in anyway or how yous run it. It's just frustrating seeing such a big site fall that little bit short of it full potential because some adults on here can't use there head properly and when it goes tits up they try to blame other people.

Anyways it's been fun (kinda) but I really hope that one day soon the site can be used to it's full potential without fear of untrustworthy people ruining it.

Well unfortunately that's more of a legal debate which I'm unqualified to discuss, when myself and m0rk are 100% exempt from responsibility in the eyes of the law then I'm sure we'll be happy to reinstate it.

But it appears to be a bit of a grey area in that regards, and simply posting a disclaimer doesn't absolve one of being guilty by association. So forgive us if we continue to air on the side of caution.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
..and to add if someone wants to do that with their own venture/forum/website who am I to stand in their way.

Quick question on that point if I may. Now a while ago a member on here started a site much like eBay but for seat parts and not long soon after was contacted by a member of admin and told that if the site wasn't taken down he would be banned for life from SCN. Would this have been the case???

I am in no way pointing any fingers here, this is just purely carried on from what I was told.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members