Blowers cold after an hour driving

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Hi,

My Seat Leon SE Tech 2014 has started blowing cold air after driving for about an hour.

When I start the car in the morning it gradually warms up, then all of a sudden an hour later it switches to freezing cold air.

If I turn the engine off and back on again it usually comes out hot again for a moment, then cold again.

Have looked around and seen that it could be heater matrix, control valve or something else?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
In general you are right.
It could be any of the reasons you have mentioned.

Without proper diagnostics it is impossible to diagnose over the internet.

1) did you check your coolant level ?
2) did you check the coolant pipe temperature that goes inside the vehicle before and after the valve by touching it ? (It suppose to be hot)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Hi, thanks for your reply. I know it's hard to diagnose over the internet but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else I should check before I get it looked at at a garage.

Had it serviced last week so didn't think it would be the coolant, after checking the coolant was empty! Going straight back to the garage to see why they didn't check.

Unless I've lost an entire tank of coolant in a week but haven't noticed a leak.

Thanks again

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
You are welcome :)

Sounds like a terrible service to me !!!

Please after you’ll visit the garage, tell us what happened next... :)

digitalmadness

Oct 20, 2017
Hi,

My Seat Leon SE Tech 2014 has started blowing cold air after driving for about an hour.

When I start the car in the morning it gradually warms up, then all of a sudden an hour later it switches to freezing cold air.

If I turn the engine off and back on again it usually comes out hot again for a moment, then cold again.

Have looked around and seen that it could be heater matrix, control valve or something else?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I'm having the same issue, car was serviced yesterday so fluids are fine. Only other symptom is that it disabled start-stop due to a/c being on, when the a/c is definitely not on.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Quick update, took it back to where I had it serviced. He said someone has previously put the wrong coolant in and the coolant system was full of sediment.

It is currently in with Seat who have flushed the system and had to replace the coolant tank head.

Highly recommend you all to use only G13 coolant and check the tank isn’t full of crap!

£275 later I have warm air from the blowers and a fully functioning cooling system!

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
I’m glad you resolved the issue :)
Thanks for the update

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise