Newbie from Kent - Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI

Insane Laners

Feb 9, 2018
Afternoon all.

Thought id post a quick post to say hi and explain what I have and my plans with it.

Purchased a Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI on a 54 plate in red on Sunday off a mate who needed some cash. Shes done 155k (mainly motorway) but has been well looked after, services, replacement parts etc.

From reviewing the paper work it seems that shes had the EGR removed (map delete), stage 1 remap and replacement turbo (stock turbo but new). Other mods seem to be mid exhaust box removed, braided hoses and better pads/disks. Seems stock other than them.

Work required on car. should do most of it this weekend.
1) New rear Brakes
2) Oil Change/Filters
3) New tyre
4) General clean

So this is my 3 car and brought it just for a laugh and mess about. Was thinking track day car, as its had new clutch, new camblet so could be an easy strip down, lower, decat and induction and would be flying even more. Welcome your thoughts.

My Daily drives are, BMW 330d Msport Tourning 2017, Suzuki Vitara Off Road Prepped 1998.

Catch up with you all soon

Steve

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Welcome to SCN, had a Biza Cupra PDI 160 myself back in 2004, great wee car very quick and the front tyres lasted no time. Had it for over 5 years with no probs, then I swapped for one of the twincharger Cupras, my first DSG one.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise