Driver's door won't open.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi all

The driver's door handle of our 2010 Ibiza has felt a little stiff for a few days. It now refuses to open from the inside, opens fine from the outside. Will get it booked in to be looked at, but has anyone else experienced this or any ideas?

The only other 2 issues we have had since new have been the boot refusing to open and the rear passenger door refusing to open - so there is a theme here :(

Cheers

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Broken door handle in the inside, hapened to me twice.
Cant use too much force on them.

The part costs around 25, and one hour of labour to replace at the dealer. Door card needs to be removed.

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Broken door handle in the inside, hapened to me twice.
Cant use too much force on them.

The part costs around 25, and one hour of labour to replace at the dealer. Door card needs to be removed.

Spot on was the Door Handle £140 to do, i am really gentle with cars as well so not sure how it came to brake.

That's the good news, bad news is got back in the car and the Driver's window wouldn't open, then it would (after a fashion) - partly up partly down etc. after a worrying soft clicking sound they ran a diagnostic and needs a new switch (said regulator on the print but they say switch). I did try the reset but without success.

Funny how it happened after he door card was taken off :whistle: and was fine up to then.

So that's booked in for later in the week, and i hopefully wont be paying full price!

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
The saga goes on :(

The Regulator was changed but this hasn't completely solved the issue they have run another diagnostic and now say a new Window Motor is required at £247 plus fitting :cry:

Seems expensive to me and asked for some goodwill 'type' gesture as the window was fine when it went in for the handle to be replaced - not sure how one could have effected the other unless it was knocked or something when the door card was off.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Window motor? Dont see how they can damage the window motor while replacing the door handle because its inside a compartment thst is not open while doing this job, but wiring or window mecanism (wich needs to be removed) is possible

I had a weird problem with a window motor in the past after disconecting the battery it would only go up 1cm at each time and replacing it solved the problem.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=424642

Or maybe something is not properly assembled?

What are the symptoms exacly?

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Window motor? Dont see how they can damage the window motor while replacing the door handle because its inside a compartment thst is not open while doing this job, but wiring or window mecanism (wich needs to be removed) is possible

I had a weird problem with a window motor in the past after disconecting the battery it would only go up 1cm at each time and replacing it solved the problem.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=424642

Or maybe something is not properly assembled?

What are the symptoms exacly?

Hi DM - yes agreed

After the handle was replaced the window woudnt go down. So they replaced the window regulator after running a scan. Couple of hours after collecting the car as i turned the ignition on there was the same soft click clunk sound before i even touched the window (almost like something was 'settling' into place. When i tried to lower the window it had a life of its own again (half down then up then down again etc).

Cheers for link

Last edited:

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Hi DM - yes agreed

After the handle was replaced the window woudnt go down. So they replaced the window regulator after running a scan. Couple of hours after collecting the car as i turned the ignition on there was the same soft click clunk sound before i even touched the window (almost like something was 'settling' into place. When i tried to lower the window it had a life of its own again (half down then up then down again etc).

Cheers for link

if it stops at some point while going up and then goes down a bit, it is because the window is encountering some obstacle while trying to close.

make a video so we can help

Last edited: