Cupra alarm problem

AzerW23

Mar 3, 2018
Hi guys,

I’m having problems with my alarm going off when unlocking, unlocking car manual with key. Sometimes car will start perfect first time and then other times I’m there for 40 minutes trying to get it to start.. and can be weeks before the alarm then goes off again.

I’m guessing this is due to having no chip in my key fob...

Anyone had this problem before? If so how do I go about solving it..

And just for ease and having central locking where’s the best places to get a new chip for key fob and programming?

Many thanks

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
You need to put the key in the ignition immediately after manually unlocking the door. If you take too long the alarm will sound. Do this every time until you have your key coded for remote locking.

AzerW23

Mar 3, 2018
You need to put the key in the ignition immediately after manually unlocking the door. If you take too long the alarm will sound. Do this every time until you have your key coded for remote locking.

Even when I did this it still happens sometimes mate, take about the same time each time I start the car, but can never guess when it’s going to do it

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
I bet your battery is on its last legs. Common for it to set the alarm off, and your problems starting would also indicate a dying battery. It won’t have enough crank power, even if it seems ok and can power lights and radio.

Last edited:

AzerW23

Mar 3, 2018
I bet your battery is on its last legs. Common for it to set the alarm off, and your problems starting would also indicate a dying battery. It won’t have enough crank power, even if it seems ok and can power lights and radio.

I have no troubles with cranking it over, it’s the immobiliser cutting in which cuts of fuel supply. Sorry should of been more specific on when I wrote it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members