Electric windows helpp!

ben_mk1_leon

May 11, 2016
Got bit of a problem with my mk1 electric windows.
None of the buttons make the windows work at all but can hear a clicking from each window reg as though there is power but just no movement.
They only seem to work if i leave the car for about 10 mins then go back and try them again.
But got to the point where my drivers window is stuck half open. When i do get it to work it will go all the way up then decide to go back down by itself so i cant shut the window bad times!

Any help would be super greatfull

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

ben_mk1_leon

May 11, 2016
Sure its just not frozen?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
No defo not frozen. They are very tempromental
Managed to get drivers window up and closed now.
They seem to decide when they want to work at the moment

ben_mk1_leon

May 11, 2016
all of the windows? or just one or two?
All of the windows are like it

Also every switch on all the doors dont make the windows work so its not just the switches on the drivers door which makes me think its wiring somewhere?

When the windows arnt working they make a clicking noise every time the buttons are pressed. For example when the window is all the way down and you press the button down for it to open and get the clicking noise

ben_mk1_leon

May 11, 2016
Maybe loose/rusty connection on the module? Have you tried taking the door panel out?
No havnt tried taking door panel off yet. Would the other door switches be affected if the drivers door switches are faulty?

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I would go with the door modules, as when 1 goes faulty then the other start to play up as well. The drivers door module has a knock on effect with other things like alarm, interior lights, etc. They are pretty cheap off fleBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.