Moving Auto Start-Stop button

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
Hi,

Anybody know a way to relocate the start-stop button so that a 2-din headunit can be installed in an Ibiza 2014 FR model? I have found the part to move the hazard warning etc, but can't find any information about moving the auto start stop switch.

Thanks
Driver

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Can't you get a (blank?) switch for one of the other spare slots and somehow put a meaningful graphic on it?

PeterA

Oct 12, 2015
I'm sure there's a few versions of the switch pack,see if your local dealer will look the part up and see what the different options are

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
photostream

Following intense googling, it seems a possible solution could be this. Anybody know the part number or where to get it from?

Last edited:

MIH11MI6

Nov 28, 2017
Norwich/ Crewe
Hey Guys,

I have a Pre-Facelift 1.2TDI eco, the Start stop button is above the Cigarette lighter, not on the centre infront of the gear stick, i'm sure if you find a breaking yard with an Ecomotive you'll be able to nab the whole assembly, i've had my cigarette lighter out before and the start/stop button is literally just two wires so i'm sure it can be changed really easily

Hope this helps

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
Hey Guys,

I have a Pre-Facelift 1.2TDI eco, the Start stop button is above the Cigarette lighter, not on the centre infront of the gear stick, i'm sure if you find a breaking yard with an Ecomotive you'll be able to nab the whole assembly, i've had my cigarette lighter out before and the start/stop button is literally just two wires so i'm sure it can be changed really easily

Hope this helps

That's very helpful. Only if I had a part number, it would make locating it a lot easier.

joshuatk44

Jan 10, 2018
That's very helpful. Only if I had a part number, it would make locating it a lot easier.

Hi mate, I've been looking for the same thing! That part number is 6J0905218A for the small start/stop button. Bit of a pain that they didn't make a set of buttons with the start/stop below the hazards, but it looks like SEAT reserved that space for the Passenger airbag only.

May come in handy for you, there's a part code catalogue for the MK5 ibiza. It has every variation of items under the sun:
realoem.me/Seat/E/IB/2015/743/R/9/941/941050#10

Hope this helps, even if the post is slightly old!

-Josh

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
Hi mate, I've been looking for the same thing! That part number is 6J0905218A for the small start/stop button. Bit of a pain that they didn't make a set of buttons with the start/stop below the hazards, but it looks like SEAT reserved that space for the Passenger airbag only.

May come in handy for you, there's a part code catalogue for the MK5 ibiza. It has every variation of items under the sun:
realoem.me/Seat/E/IB/2015/743/R/9/941/941050#10

Hope this helps, even if the post is slightly old!

-Josh

Cheers mate. I’ve been trying to find a way for years, but haven’t got anywhere yet.

May 18, 2020
Hi,

Anybody know a way to relocate the start-stop button so that a 2-din headunit can be installed in an Ibiza 2014 FR model? I have found the part to move the hazard warning etc, but can't find any information about moving the auto start stop switch.

Thanks
Driver
Hi,

Thanks
Driver
Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing with my FR. I have found the small stop start button to relocate it but my only issue is what wiring do I need to connect this?

Any advice would be great?

Driver

Oct 9, 2016
UK
Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing with my FR. I have found the small stop start button to relocate it but my only issue is what wiring do I need to connect this?

Any advice would be great?

Where are you going to relocate the start-stop button to?

May 18, 2020
Where are you going to relocate the start-stop button to?
From seeing where other people recommend I was planning on relocating it above the cigarette lighter. The panel in front of the gear stick only has one connection so I am trying to find a way to get the cables to the relocated button.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members