Yes, Another Newbee Question..

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Oh and also forgot was looking at the engine and it looks like the rocker cover gasket will need changing because there is a slight leak towards the back of the rocker cover and upon cleaning inspection it looks oily and dirty so I thought I would clean it and take away all the dirt and start the engine for about 10-15 minutes and Rev it a little and it slowly leaks out every 15mins a little bit comes out.. Been quoted £90 for that. How comes you guys love these cars so much when they need work all the time? If that's what your sayin? So atm I probably have a bill I'm about 300 400 to fix everything
There cheap, easy to work on. Take about an hr at most with zero skill. Saves you an hr labour and it brings you closer to the car. Blood will probably be shared between you two and bad language from you but..thats part of the fun.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
I do hate the car at the moment but love the power! All these problems I can get fixed but it's just annoying at the same time.. I'm not sure how reliable these cars are but I think once all the works done I will find out! Do you guys the ones with the tuned cars worry about booting it just incase you something blows?.. Imagine that, on the M1 giving it some throttle and Bammm! Turbo seals or head/rocker gasket or pistons because of all that power! I wonder!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I do hate the car at the moment but love the power! All these problems I can get fixed but it's just annoying at the same time.. I'm not sure how reliable these cars are but I think once all the works done I will find out! Do you guys the ones with the tuned cars worry about booting it just incase you something blows?.. Imagine that, on the M1 giving it some throttle and Bammm! Turbo seals or head/rocker gasket or pistons because of all that power! I wonder!

Hi
As one of the modded car owners
I can say that once the car is working properly you can enjoy them to the max.
Mines going on a track day next month.
Only worth doing if it’s healthy.
It can be expensive to make them right.
My car had a turbo with play in it and it was overheating making my legs hot.
Costly to replace.
Also had variable valve timing tensioner go which cost a small fortune to replace. This was unlucky. Not overly common to fail.
Now have to pay for new clutch as mine is biting at top of pedal and it’s all making grinding noises! Mapped cars eat clutches quicker.
Updated Sachs clutch 300 quid!
Then fitting!
I’ve ended up spending thousands.
But in my defence I’m planning on keeping this one.
This is a link to my readers ride.
Shows all I’ve done over the last 12 months.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=438687

You need to get to know your car.
Get it fixed properly. Check the map that’s on it.
Could be a spiky high torque map that’s no good for the car.
Did the car come with receipts for any parts or tuning?
Cam belt replacement etc?
Print out of rolling road session when mapped? End figures? Even who mapped it would be a start?
People have found poor maps on their cars that can bend con rods! Caused by too much torque as the rods are not forged.
There’s a good chance it’s a good map by a reputable tuner.
It sounds like yours needs TLC.
It was bloody cheap for an R.
What’s the mileage?
At that price I’d expect a few problems to deal with.
Other option would be to sell that one and buy one in much better condition for 2000.
01c5131c848813d43fee7381f0a5259a.jpg

This one has just been reduced to 2000 exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Hi
As one of the modded car owners
I can say that once the car is working properly you can enjoy them to the max.
Mines going on a track day next month.
Only worth doing if it’s healthy.
It can be expensive to make them right.
My car had a turbo with play in it and it was overheating making my legs hot.
Costly to replace.
Also had variable valve timing tensioner go which cost a small fortune to replace. This was unlucky. Not overly common to fail.
Now have to pay for new clutch as mine is biting at top of pedal and it’s all making grinding noises! Mapped cars eat clutches quicker.
Updated Sachs clutch 300 quid!
Then fitting!
I’ve ended up spending thousands.
But in my defence I’m planning on keeping this one.
This is a link to my readers ride.
Shows all I’ve done over the last 12 months.
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=438687

You need to get to know your car.
Get it fixed properly. Check the map that’s on it.
Could be a spiky high torque map that’s no good for the car.
Did the car come with receipts for any parts or tuning?
Cam belt replacement etc?
Print out of rolling road session when mapped? End figures? Even who mapped it would be a start?
People have found poor maps on their cars that can bend con rods! Caused by too much torque as the rods are not forged.
There’s a good chance it’s a good map by a reputable tuner.
It sounds like yours needs TLC.
It was bloody cheap for an R.
What’s the mileage?
At that price I’d expect a few problems to deal with.
Other option would be to sell that one and buy one in much better condition for 2000.
01c5131c848813d43fee7381f0a5259a.jpg

This one has just been reduced to 2000 exactly.

If I had 2000 I'd take it.. Truth is.. I just scraped 1000 and was on my way to do a swap with someone and then when I got there my car wouldn't start or bump.. And had it looked at and the ecu had bust on it.. The swap was gonna be my car, Astra for the leon. Check out the pics in other post! But visually my Astra was in better condition and all round probably.. Just the abs was fault but turned out to be the ecu.. I wanted to turn this car down because I suspected it wasn't quite right! Head rocker cover looked off and I wanted to say no at that point and then the front bumper! And now the list from the garage! It's just a poorly looked after car! But my main point was.. I didn't have a way of getting back home! And had to scrap my car! Coz a ecu to replace was too much money. So I'm kinda mad at myself for it buying something that needs loads of work to make it even half decent! The money I out into this I could probably save for another but then not have a car to drive at all! Not sure what to do. Please feel free to take a look at the pics and give me your personal opinions.. Have I bought a pile or shiz, fix it, don't fix it, sell it and save more?? Repair it and sell it? I'm just soo lost.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I’d see how much it’s going to be to put it right. Might be less than you think.
Pictures are hard to tell condition.
I know what it’s like needing transport and having nothing in your pocket.
On the bright side it may need a gasket and a couple of sensors and you might be good to go.
Then you do have lots of car for not a large outlay.
If it’s from a mate. Ask him about it. Who mapped it etc.