My £900 Seat Leon MK1 260BHP pictures

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Yeah I don't think it will go pop and I hope the leak isn't nothing serious.. Coz there is so much up higher the oil leak is hard to find atm but it's very little leak apparently they just need to find where it comes from.. They got the car all day Tuesday to fix all the bits that need it and find the leak so we can start looking at a fix for it! Not sure if its de-catted not couldn't see it

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
Decat /cat is right near the engine. I'm going by the reduced pipe...looking a lot like an eBay De-cat reducing down to 2/ 2.5 inch. Maybe wrong but looks like it from that angle

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Decat /cat is right near the engine. I'm going by the reduced pipe...looking a lot like an eBay De-cat reducing down to 2/ 2.5 inch. Maybe wrong but looks like it from that angle

Well they did say with it hanging it won't pass the MOT but that's all they said haha gonna have to take a trip n meet up at some point

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Well they did say with it hanging it won't pass the MOT but that's all they said haha gonna have to take a trip n meet up at some point

Be interesting to see what your stage 2 is like against my stripped out as much as possible stage 1. Be really interesting because i can take out some bloody quick cars with mine.

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Be interesting to see what your stage 2 is like against my stripped out as much as possible stage 1. Be really interesting because i can take out some bloody quick cars with mine.

Tbh I need to get it on the Dyno! What's yours putting out?

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Stage 1 18psi ko3 = 200 I guess. Should be an easy kill for your stage 2 shouldn't it

I'm not sure what it requires for a stage 2! Bigger intercooler on the front? Exhaust? I kinda wish I'd have mapped it all my self that way I'd know exactly what's what! Post up some pics of your car.. And then engine.. I wanted to post a video of my car running but can't as there always too big to upload on here!

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
She looks like a 1.6 doesn't she, I'm the third owner no rust or dents and full service history sitting on 107k ATM 96k when I got her. Wheels are 225/45/17's on stock suspension. Have plans for her but I've had them plans for the past two years now.
fdbe2d0a7f21aed6c1fc3e9f7c19b147.jpg
c183ba8b7b7bcab4c5f125171a71f2f3.jpg

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
She looks like a 1.6 doesn't she, I'm the third owner no rust or dents and full service history sitting on 107k ATM 96k when I got her. Wheels are 225/45/17's on stock suspension. Have plans for her but I've had them plans for the past two years now.
fdbe2d0a7f21aed6c1fc3e9f7c19b147.jpg
c183ba8b7b7bcab4c5f125171a71f2f3.jpg

That looks tidy! I'd be pleased with that! I think the first thing I'd do is get it lowered to suit them alloys! Then if you wanted 18s to fill the gap even more then it's doable. I'd go at least 30mil on springs.. Coilovers are just pointless unless you have a lift to change them whenever you want. My Astra was lowered on springs 30mil with 18s
6bac35e92cf53dc0ab34a740149937b0.jpg

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
I've been looking at shock/spring setup but it had new shocks and springs just before I got it.

Yeah, I see what you mean, if it ain't broke n all that! But if you have coilovers at least you can decide later on if you want it lower! But I think my idea was rush in buy and worry about the work required later! See it's a bad thing I do. I'm the spontaneous kind and just like to do what I do. I don't worry about the little things. Although I'm not totally satisfied with my car and for abit more I could of had a nicer one. I will see this one pass its MOT and probably let it go and pick up something better looked after.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Yeah, I see what you mean, if it ain't broke n all that! But if you have coilovers at least you can decide later on if you want it lower! But I think my idea was rush in buy and worry about the work required later! See it's a bad thing I do. I'm the spontaneous kind and just like to do what I do. I don't worry about the little things. Although I'm not totally satisfied with my car and for abit more I could of had a nicer one. I will see this one pass its MOT and probably let it go and pick up something better looked after.

Probably wise idea tbh but you could pick up a mint one for 3k and 2 mile later have a bill in repairs for 1k. Every now and then I think of getting rid and having something different. Spontaneous I'm not.

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Probably wise idea tbh but you could pick up a mint one for 3k and 2 mile later have a bill in repairs for 1k. Every now and then I think of getting rid and having something different. Spontaneous I'm not.

This could get interesting! What's making you think about getting rid? You got problems coming? Or is it you just want a different car? New model? Maybe not Seat? I on he other hand, wanted something and wanted to see what it would be like.. I wasn't sure how fast and tbh this cupra is too fast for the daily drive to work and back! I've no idea what I wanna get next.. Been looking at the zafira vxr! Fit all kids in and still have something with some go! But 4000 or so would see a nice one.. Even a nice T5 VW would be nice! But I don't have any money to rub together! So fix this baby up and get it through the MOT ask £1500 no leaks knocks or bangs.. Stage 2 remap car! Give it a wash, Polish, and wait for the offers! But first I wanna have a little fun.. I may just get the Mondeo ST

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
This could get interesting! What's making you think about getting rid? You got problems coming? Or is it you just want a different car? New model? Maybe not Seat? I on he other hand, wanted something and wanted to see what it would be like.. I wasn't sure how fast and tbh this cupra is too fast for the daily drive to work and back! I've no idea what I wanna get next.. Been looking at the zafira vxr! Fit all kids in and still have something with some go! But 4000 or so would see a nice one.. Even a nice T5 VW would be nice! But I don't have any money to rub together! So fix this baby up and get it through the MOT ask £1500 no leaks knocks or bangs.. Stage 2 remap car! Give it a wash, Polish, and wait for the offers! But first I wanna have a little fun.. I may just get the Mondeo ST

No issues, just a stripped out 5door really does get to me sometimes. At times I regret doing it and it makes me want something else... But then I drive it and soon change my mind. And its really handy moving stuff the other half has brought.

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
No issues, just a stripped out 5door really does get to me sometimes. At times I regret doing it and it makes me want something else... But then I drive it and soon change my mind. And its really handy moving stuff the other half has brought.

Depends on what your moving but I do karaoke so have to move my gear from place to place in my car. It's not ideal but it's better than a van!

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Depends on what your moving but I do karaoke so have to move my gear from place to place in my car. It's not ideal but it's better than a van!

Taking the backseats out of these is pretty simple and gives loads of room.

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
I guess these cars are just put together rather easy.. Now I've a question... Do you know where the fuse is for the interior lights? Only noticed last night as I drove in the dark that is there is no lights.? I will check the bulbs after the fuse but most likely the fuse.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I guess these cars are just put together rather easy.. Now I've a question... Do you know where the fuse is for the interior lights? Only noticed last night as I drove in the dark that is there is no lights.? I will check the bulbs after the fuse but most likely the fuse.

Probably take when built 2hr at most lol. I'd say blub first, not sure on fuse location mate.

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Probably take when built 2hr at most lol. I'd say blub first, not sure on fuse location mate.

It's just the interior lights! Gonna try and Google it see what I can find out.. No doubt bring me back to here lol

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Yeah I finally had the extra work done to it and had some interest off some guy.. I stand to make my money back and have another car lined up so it's just waiting for the buyer to come either tonight or tomorrow!