recommendation please

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
hi all, ive got a mk2 ibiza gti which is pretty loud and need some sort of setup which i can hear over the exhaust. ive got a sony head unit and sony 17cm door speakers, sony tweeters in dash and som pyle 6x4 which replaced the standard speakers in the back. what do you recommend?

i have no idea about ice to be honest and i know 6x9's are usually a no no but will these help? i dont want to move the sound stage to the rear tho! perhaps some better door speakers?

i dont know, any advice would be greatly appriechated :)

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
Best bet if you can afford is to get some decent component speakers up front but make sure your running them from an amp as they sound amazing with some power up there ass!! then add to this a sub in the boot and it a little car like the ibiza you'll be laughin.

You could possibly get a 4 channel amp and run the two fronts of 2 channels then bridge the other 2 and run the sub.

You dont really need to worry about the back ... maybe just leave what you have runnin off the stereo for some rear fill.

Basically spend the money on the front speakers and a sub.

Ive never been in an ibiza so i'm not sure what the build qualty of the doors are like but i would probably reccomend gettin some sound proofing material in the doors behind the front speakers to make the most of a decent set of components.

Hope that is of some use.
Gav

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
just noticed it sounds like you already have comps ... get an amp for these and then a sub to .... sack off the back speakers. Two front speakers and a sub in a small car like that and you'll be cookin on gas.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
ok mate, so i need a sub and an amp? the sony speakers in the front are 17cm cheap sony ones £30 probably crap? what sort of sub/amp shud i look for. not mega money tho

cheers

MisterMoleyMole

Apr 21, 2008
n ot sure on makes and models ... if you want sound advice go accross caraudiodirect forums as they know there stuff. Thats where i got all my advice from when i was buying.

I got a diamond m3 12inch sub powered by a viper audio mono amp and then i had some focal component speakers powered by a rockford fosgate punch 2 channel amp. Thats was just about enough for a vectra saloon so i'm sure its gonan be ample in my leon and would be ample for an ibiza. Its all quite expensive kit and you could go cheaper.

Best thing to do is get a budget in mind and then go over to car audio direct and ask for some advice. They will help you out no end.

Gav

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.