iPhone APP

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Not really sure where to post this question but are there any plans to get a SCN app made for the iPhone/iPod, would be very handy as im always in my car!!:D
Im a total computer biff and dont know what it would entail, im guessing that there are plenty of clever bods on here tho who would know exactly what was involved! Anyway, just a question to the Admins/Moderators!

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Hi,

Developing a bespoke app would cost time and money (I think there is a fee you pay to buy the development software for an app + someone would need to have the programming knowledge) and of course we look after the forums out of the goodness of our own hearts in our own time. :)

There is an app that people are using that ties into the forum software we use (Vbulletin) and people access and update the forums from that. I think it's http://www.tapatalk.com/ - see how you get on with that.

Cheers,

Scott

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Tapatalk is pretty good, works well on smaller forums not so sure
about one with as much traffic as this one.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
Hi,

Developing a bespoke app would cost time and money (I think there is a fee you pay to buy the development software for an app + someone would need to have the programming knowledge) and of course we look after the forums out of the goodness of our own hearts in our own time. :)

There is an app that people are using that ties into the forum software we use (Vbulletin) and people access and update the forums from that. I think it's http://www.tapatalk.com/ - see how you get on with that.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks for the quick reply mate, I thought that would probably be the case! I'll give that other software a go and see what its like!:D

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
sorry to hijack the thread, but its still kind of related...kind of...anyone used that ipod/iphone app to test 0-60 times in your car?anyone know how accurate it is? i did it with a mates ipod touch from a standing start at a toll both, and got 5.6 secs- obviously i would never get this 'on the road' with my level of tune, but the surface on the toll plaza was that thick kind of cream coloured grippy stuff, and i didnt have any wheel spin at all really, had about 20odd meters of that before i hit normal road surface again. just wandering how accurate that might be and if anyone else had gotten any accurate(ish) results. going to give it a go on a normal road soon and see what i get. just waitin for a nice dry day

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
sorry to hijack the thread, but its still kind of related...kind of...anyone used that ipod/iphone app to test 0-60 times in your car?anyone know how accurate it is? i did it with a mates ipod touch from a standing start at a toll both, and got 5.6 secs- obviously i would never get this 'on the road' with my level of tune, but the surface on the toll plaza was that thick kind of cream coloured grippy stuff, and i didnt have any wheel spin at all really, had about 20odd meters of that before i hit normal road surface again. just wandering how accurate that might be and if anyone else had gotten any accurate(ish) results. going to give it a go on a normal road soon and see what i get. just waitin for a nice dry day

there supposed to be pretty accurate!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Hi,

Cheers,

Scott

The SDK (software development kit) is free, I downloaded it a few weeks ago. My company has given me a mac mini to start doing iPhone development but so far I've done absolutely nothing! :)

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
Are you on about just so you dont have to keep oppening up safari on your iphone to view the forum?

ive just loaded up the site with safari then Clicked the + then added to homepage this then brings up a app image for the site? then all i do is click that then it load ups this site ;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
The SDK (software development kit) is free, I downloaded it a few weeks ago. My company has given me a mac mini to start doing iPhone development but so far I've done absolutely nothing! :)

Since I 'could' write one, but don't have a mac any more, I'd have to have one bought for me, plus $99 for Apple to stick it on the app store.

So we're at about £1000 mark, so not really worth it for nothing?

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Are you on about just so you dont have to keep oppening up safari on your iphone to view the forum?

ive just loaded up the site with safari then Clicked the + then added to homepage this then brings up a app image for the site? then all i do is click that then it load ups this site ;)

This works fine and you get a nice Seat Cupra net logo!

Mick288

Aug 3, 2009
Lisburn NI

You have any idea what that app's called?

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
There is 1 called the "BMW M Meter", never got it working properly myself as i don't have a phone holder in my car.

Let us know if you have any luck!

ToledoNorthEat

Richy - Full member
Dec 17, 2009
South Shields
Im not sure if I'm using the app right.....

Do you have to hit 'Start' the second you floor it from a standing start? Or can you hit start, wait a few seconds, then go for it?

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
no you hit start then go for it when your ready, just make to sure to have it on a level surface facing straight forwards so it wont move when you start

Last edited:

Signor Whippy

Mar 16, 2009
God's Country
There is another app called pocketdyno. They do 2 versions, a free version and one you have to pay for. Not had chance to use it properly as I dont have a cradle or anywhere to keep it still. Supposed to be pretty accurate

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
The pocket dyno isn't that accurate it measured mine at 5.3 and 11.9 to 60 lol. The Bosch branded one seems to be better as it's measured me at between 7.7 and 8.5 which seems more realistic.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Since I 'could' write one, but don't have a mac any more, I'd have to have one bought for me, plus $99 for Apple to stick it on the app store.

So we're at about £1000 mark, so not really worth it for nothing?

I'd be happy to start playing around with this myself, since it will cost nothing but I would probably need some level of access to the API (assumming there is one?).

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise