Sat nav Seat Leon MK1 Double din Fascia

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Some information for anyone thinking of carrying out this conversion;

The upper console comprises of 3 main parts;

1 - The console itself (sides and front) with framework for upper switchgear and climate control.

2 - The inner double din framework that holds the head unit securely in place.

3 - The fascia trim that surrounds upper switches, head unit and climate control.

Ideally you need all 3 items to make this conversion look OEM.

I've now managed to source all 3 of the parts above along with the matching lower console with the lighter / ashtray and a brand new, leather armrest.

However, in my Newbie eagerness I've managed to end up with a complete spare setup comprising everything needed to carry out the conversion including upper and lower consoles and an armrest. I also have another lower console with the lighter / ashtray in place and the cutout already done for the armrest (MK4 Golf / Bora model fits - £30 on ebay).

I'm hoping to place Ads in the For Sale Section this weekend but if anyone's interested in any of the parts, feel free to send sensible offers via PM.

I'm about to install my double din bits but mine didn't come with the inner headunit support frame / cage.

Can anyone confirm the part number for this please as ETKA isn't particularly clear on this?

WhiteHammer96

May 13, 2016
Double din kit

Hello everyone, been doing a lot of research on this double din kit for the mk1 cupra, it's either find one on eBay for cheap which is almost impossible at the moment or get one from a dealers at 300+ (quote me if I'm wrong) would anyone reccomend trying to cut one in themselves? Thinking about picking up a single din console off eBay for cheap then giving it a go. Will be able to get the facia in etc but it will be the tidiness after fitting the sat nav (the plastic round the sides hiding the metal) any ideas? Would be much appreciated

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Many people have successfully converted the single din console to a double.
What part exactly are you concerned about been untidy as you still need to put the double din fascia on which should cover up any hacking etc.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

WhiteHammer96

May 13, 2016
Hello thanks for your reply, I'm not sure the name exsactly, after you have the double din in, the plastic that will go round the edge to make it fit in being tidy, do you by any chance know the facia I will need to get?

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Yeah, this is what you need.

1571a8edf48e31eec57676d89617af78.jpg

This is actually spare I've got, I had someone interested in it a few days ago but it might be up for grabs again...

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I'll take £20 for it, it's had a tiny hairline crack repaired on it buts barely noticeable now but thought I'd better mention it anyway.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I've tried messaging you but the system isn't letting me, I'm guessing it's due to the fact you've got less than 15 posts.

edit: Check your visitor messages now

Last edited:

Andyhldn

May 24, 2016
HI I am new to the site so sorry if i'm bumping an old thread. I am looking into the double din console. Is there a guide to adapt a single din or are there any for sale already done?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members