Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
I cannot get this working....I get an error on the dash saying vehicle lighting fault....and the dtc on vcds shows light switch.

Have I missed something?

i got that error before i coded the sensor/ made the Adaptations, so make sure everything is set. I don't think i missed anything, but i'll recheck tomorrow

Great guide, thanks. Can you just confirm if the new sensor is visible through the screen or does is still hide behind the blacked out area. On our Octy, there is a clear glass circle where the sensor peeps out, but on the Leon, the circle is jet black?

can't say i noticed, it looked black as always, i'll check tomorrow when it light

my mirror is not the same as yours!

how is it different, can you provide photo?

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
not at the minute! I will try and get a pic

basically I dont have the capping between the head lining and the mirror mounting!

did you already have a sensor fitted and you swapped it for the light/rain sensor?
i already had a light sensor

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
i got that error before i coded the sensor/ made the Adaptations, so make sure everything is set. I don't think i missed anything, but i'll recheck tomorrow

can't say i noticed, it looked black as always, i'll check tomorrow when it light

how is it different, can you provide photo?

My headlights are on, even in the off position. I can only get the side lights on when I pull the switch out to turn the fogs on (and the dogs don't actually come on lol)

No auto lights but I think the rain sensor is working lol

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
c6f4c794860bd338f72b813d075080d7.jpg
2b9b1993c24d85ba2555cff903cffb76.jpg
1d23f299b7b432adacba7dbfbcb603ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Could it be my light switch?

I have swapped back to the original and nothing has changed....anyone got any ideas?? please help lol

thanks
chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

billybob

Dec 11, 2015
looks like you have missed something and not codded the left light

they are separate and need to be coded

go back and double check the coding

Yeah so when you said:

STG 09, 31347, Adaption,
Leuchte 23 SL Lichtfunktion H „Interior Light“
Leuchte 24 SL Lichtfunktion H „Interior Light“
Dimming-Wert GH: 100 (case LED 126)
Dimming-Direction GH: Maximize

I only configured the "dimming-wert" for the 24 not the 23 - doh! All working good now though! :p

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
Great guide, thanks. Can you just confirm if the new sensor is visible through the screen or does is still hide behind the blacked out area. On our Octy, there is a clear glass circle where the sensor peeps out, but on the Leon, the circle is jet black?

this is how it looks on mine
eSueUFn.jpg

Last edited:

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
I'll do it when I get home but I followed the walkthru above and my car didn't like it

just gone over the settings and i missed one, when you tick byte 7 bit 7, you also need bit 5.

It confused me as bit 5 is Light Switch with Assistance Driving Light (ADL) installed, which as i understand it is to do with high beam assist which needs the front camera, but if i uncheck it i get the same error as you, so i t seems it needs it
i've added the reference pictures to the guide now

Last edited:

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
Yeah so when you said:

STG 09, 31347, Adaption,
Leuchte 23 SL Lichtfunktion H „Interior Light“
Leuchte 24 SL Lichtfunktion H „Interior Light“
Dimming-Wert GH: 100 (case LED 126)
Dimming-Direction GH: Maximize

I only configured the "dimming-wert" for the 24 not the 23 - doh! All working good now though! :p

:rofl:

easy mistake I suppose :D

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
just gone over the settings and i missed one, when you tick byte 7 bit 7, you also need bit 5.

It confused me as bit 5 is Light Switch with Assistance Driving Light (ADL) installed, which as i understand it is to do with high beam assist which needs the front camera, but if i uncheck it i get the same error as you, so i t seems it needs it
i've added the reference pictures to the guide now

I'll try again when I get back

FRvirgin

Jan 3, 2016
S Yorks
this is how it looks on mine
Phew, thanks and that's the same as our 180 TSI Tech Pack, so I guess that means we don't need a clear glass circle for the auto lights and wipers, not sure why its different on the Octy which got me worried after I'd already ordered the part. I've got a sensor on order from Germany, £41 incl delivery so hopefully can get the auto wipers working as soon as it arrives.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.