Difference Between Boc, FR, Cupra

Jackcoatsey

Jan 3, 2018
I know this question has probably been asked a lot but I’ve recently bought a 1.4 tsi FR 150 DSG, as I’ve only been driving a year and I’m 18 there’s not a chance I could afford insurance on a cupra or boc.
Anyway to the point, as the bocanegra and cupra seem to me to be the same engine apart from the 1.8 tsi cupra what is the actual difference engine wise?
As to my knowledge they are all turbo/supercharged, so are there any mechanical parts I would need to take it up to the same performance as the top spec models. I know with a remap I have been quoted with a 38bhp gain to run 185bhp. But are there any mechanical parts that would make my FR engine identical to a Boc/Cupra.

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
Hey do you need to be careful doing a remap with the dog gearbox, they can only withstand a certain amount of torque.

FR: sporty looks not necessarily engine
BOCCANEGRA: like fr not necessarily biggest engine, mainly typical black front end and white car
CUPRA: the potty looks and engine

For your engine you could bore out the cylinders change pistons rods and other fun stuff you could put out much more than 185.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.-Sam6J-.

Jan 3, 2016
The Boc and Cupra had the same engine, the CAVE engine which was an oil drinker. The facelift then had the CTHE in till around 2016 which then it changed to the 1.8 TSI engine.

The Cuprsa and Bocs are all DSG where as the FR can come in a manual and the 1.4 TSI engine is a single charge with a turbo and the Cupra and Boc are twincharged with Supercharger and Turbo.

The Boc and Cupra will be different to your FR engine wise as the 1.4 TSI is a EA211 engine. They are brilliant with a remap, Stage 1 around 185 and stage 2 around 200bhp. Just be careful with the DSG box, they have a seperate control unit (TCU) so its best to get both the ECU and TCU mapped at the same time so they are safe.

Induction Kits, downpipes and a Catback exhaust will see you to 200bhp with a good custom tuner.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members