Washer jet problem, not fuse or frozen! HELP!

Palmersearfr

Mar 2, 2018
Hello,

New to the forum and really hoping I can get answers on a current issue with my 2015 Leon FR. Unlucky for me my warranty expired 2 days ago and it's now developed a problem with the washer jets just as I need them the most.

At first I thought they where frozen up after recent bad weather but then I noticed they are not making any noise so the motor isn't engaging. I've spoken to my not so local seat dealership who wouldn't honour any sort of grace period but they did let me speak to one of the techs who said it's likely to be a fuse and advised it's the 7.5 amp located in the internal fuse box. I've found this behind the glove box and there is only 2 in there which both looked fine. I have replaced them either way and still no luck.

So now I'm guessing it's the motor or a cabling issue, can anyone advise on where it's located and if it's an easy swap? Or has anyone else had a similar issue?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hello,

New to the forum and really hoping I can get answers on a current issue with my 2015 Leon FR. Unlucky for me my warranty expired 2 days ago and it's now developed a problem with the washer jets just as I need them the most.

At first I thought they where frozen up after recent bad weather but then I noticed they are not making any noise so the motor isn't engaging. I've spoken to my not so local seat dealership who wouldn't honour any sort of grace period but they did let me speak to one of the techs who said it's likely to be a fuse and advised it's the 7.5 amp located in the internal fuse box. I've found this behind the glove box and there is only 2 in there which both looked fine. I have replaced them either way and still no luck.

So now I'm guessing it's the motor or a cabling issue, can anyone advise on where it's located and if it's an easy swap? Or has anyone else had a similar issue?

There is a good chance that the water in the bottle and pump is still frozen.
I would first try putting some neat screen wash in to the bottle and see if it thaws out.

PS - the pump is mounted in the bottom of the washer fluid bottle under the front left wing

Last edited:

Palmersearfr

Mar 2, 2018
There is a good chance that the water in the bottle and pump is still frozen.
I would first try putting some neat screen wash in to the bottle and see if it thaws out.

PS - the pump is mounted in the bottom of the washer fluid bottle under the front left wing

Thanks! I did think it might be but it's warmed up here today to -1 and everything's melting but still nothing :( even after a long drive to try and warm it all up.

If it's located there I'm guessing I need to remove the wing then or is it accessible from underneath? Refusing to take it to the dealership if it's an easy fix I can di myself

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Thanks! I did think it might be but it's warmed up here today to -1 and everything's melting but still nothing :( even after a long drive to try and warm it all up.

If it's located there I'm guessing I need to remove the wing then or is it accessible from underneath? Refusing to take it to the dealership if it's an easy fix I can di myself

Don't need the wing off but the inner wheel arch liner needs to come out.
OR
Take the front bumper off.

I would still dump a litre of concentrated screen wash in the bottle first and see if it thaws it.

EDIT - have a look here - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414287&page=2

Last edited:

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
Hello,

Also got the same issue, 17 Plate Leon FR, got headlamp washers too, but got no pump noise at all when attempting to use the washers. I don't think I've mixed in enough screenwash, so the water's definitely frozen. Also my headlamp washers are now sticking out from what I assume is frozen water expanding in the pipes! Not going to thaw until next week at least. :cry:

Just going to wait until it thaws and try them again, if no noise I assume the fuse has gone so will try and replace that too. Anyone know where the fuse is for the headlamp ones too?

EFF11

Jun 16, 2016
The two 7.5 Amp fuses in the internal fuse box are fuses F32 and F34. They have nothing to do with the washer system.

The owners handbook lists fuse 19 in the engine compartment fuse box as the one for the front windscreen washers. This is the green 30 Amp fuse between a 5 Amp fuse and a 10 Amp fuse.

Have you tried the rear washer. It's the same pump.

Palmersearfr

Mar 2, 2018
The two 7.5 Amp fuses in the internal fuse box are fuses F32 and F34. They have nothing to do with the washer system.

The owners handbook lists fuse 19 in the engine compartment fuse box as the one for the front windscreen washers. This is the green 30 Amp fuse between a 5 Amp fuse and a 10 Amp fuse.

Have you tried the rear washer. It's the same pump.

Thanks all! Looks like it was just frozen up! Tried it today and its working fine. Lesson learnt, don't use cheap ready mix screenwash!

Just threw me as you normally hear the motor going

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
Fixed!

Thanks all! Looks like it was just frozen up! Tried it today and its working fine. Lesson learnt, don't use cheap ready mix screenwash!

Just threw me as you normally hear the motor going

Yep same here! Tried again this morning and all working fine, headlamp washers have also retracted again and are working fine too! One less thing to worry about!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Last Tuesday the washer jets were working fine when I first moved off, after scraping off the snow on the windscreen, did the stupid thing of putting some warm water to thaw the ice (and not using wipers). went to put the water on the rear screen, came back about 1 min later..the water has frozen on the front screen!

Anyway, went somewhere, parked up 2.5 hrs, returned, by then the rear washers no longer worked (probably frozen somewhere). Fronts still did.

I did mix my Auto Glym Extreme Screen wash for 'optimum clean' down to -3. Thinking nah, London will never go that low, wrong...it was -6 ish one night. Probably the lines to the rear washer froze up.

It's all fine now, that temps are more around the 0 degrees yesterday in Oxford. Both worked well.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise