Urgent, are mk4 golf and seat Leon drivers door carriers the same?

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi my window broke yesterday and all the metal cable has broke inside the door, my mate is breaking a mk4 golf, could I just strip the door carrier from his then put it on mine?

Cheers for the help

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I know Bora one's are not the same and I guess the Bora is Based on the golf. Bora one is different shape so won't line up. As it's a mate have a look but I think it won't work.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
What about the window regulators are they the same?
And are they riveted to the door?
No bolted on 10mm I think. Sorry I meant the panel you take of behind the door card. Window regulator is what I'm talking about not fitting.pannel is different shape I think.

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Sorry a little bit confused by that last post

Yeah I mean this so you’re saying that it’s a different shape to the golf?
0d2c53a09fd330e3ac3adfdfa5ed5069.jpg

I want the window mechanism behind this plate, gunna strip it off and replace it with the one from the golf, if they are the same that is

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Sorry a little bit confused by that last post

Yeah I mean this so you’re saying that it’s a different shape to the golf?
0d2c53a09fd330e3ac3adfdfa5ed5069.jpg

I want the window mechanism behind this plate, gunna strip it off and replace it with the one from the golf, if they are the same that is
Yes that metal panel I think is different shape at the top left... behind it I'm not sure...I made the mistake of Bora and just got a leon one.
On a side note if anyone wants a Bora one...it's free... Peterborough area. Passenger side front.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
As far I'm aware the window regulators are the same across the mk4 Golf/ Bora/ Leo range.
It's just the carrier panel that differs in shape.
You can drill the rivets out on the front ones and install a new reg or just replace the clips and cable depending on what's broken.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Or I could sell you a complete Leon regulator panel if you'd rather not mess around?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise