How to tell if your K1 is Real

Not a Diesel!!!

Are all bodykits the same I have seen slighly diffeent front vents?

Are they all made by Seat of is there another manufacturer? Can you see a 'made by' impression?

The scenario.... you're at a stealer looking at 2 cars, one had its kit fitted at the port and the other has had the kit fitted at the dealers up the road, why would you really care where the kit was fitted if it's been fitted by Seat technicians using genuine Seat parts? The car itself is the same when it comes off the ship! If the car looks good and the price is right go for it!

I am a dealer and I can state categorically that given 2 cars as per your example I always pay more money for the one thats had the kit fitted by a reputable dealer than the one that came as a "genuine" K1. This is not conjecture, this is fact!

A dealer fitting the kit has had control over the build quality and is going to make sure the kits are fitted correctly, the "genuine" K1's had their kits fitted in a couple of crappy bodyshops, one near Port of Tyne and the other near Sheerness. We had fit and finish problems with every one that was delivered to us as a "genuine" car, on most of them we had to repaint at least the bumpers and spoiler but on two of them the problems were so bad we had to strip off the entire body kits, repaint them and then fit them correctly. Why do you think they're not fitting the Supercopa kits in the UK, they're fitting those at SEAT Motorsport.

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
I think a K1 register should be put online for people to add/find they're own.

Also SEAT should of added plaques - something subtle for in the glove box in my opinion.

Im not a K1 fan myself but if something is a limited run then a little fuss should be made of it.

Dean T

Just checked my K1 with a Seat insurance quote and its NOT coming back as a K1.

Just emailed Seat direct as I'm not a happy bunny - theoretically my car isnt insured as it has undeclared mods (the K1 kit)

Has anyone else been in this position?

Last edited by a moderator:

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Sorry, not been in this position myself. Did you buy it from a Seat dealers and did they confirm it was an original K1? Not sure how it stands if Seat fitted the kit before being sold in the showroom (but not as a K1, just a different body kit). See how Seat UK respond.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just checked my K1 with a Seat insurance quote and its NOT coming back as a K1.

Just emailed Seat direct as I'm not a happy bunny - theoretically my car isnt insured as it has undeclared mods (the K1 kit)

Has anyone else been in this position?

Because its not an original K1 a dealer has fitted the kit as an extra

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Dean T

Sorry, not been in this position myself. Did you buy it from a Seat dealers and did they confirm it was an original K1? Not sure how it stands if Seat fitted the kit before being sold in the showroom (but not as a K1, just a different body kit). See how Seat UK respond.

Yes the car was purchased from a Seat main dealer and was sold as a K1.

I have been in touch with Seat UK who are dealing with the matter - they are going to get in touch with the dealer and get their side of the story.

I had a rummage through my old purchase documents last night and it has K1 plastered all over it.

Gutted to be honest, always wanted a K1 since I saw them on the roads, now I want shot of it :(

In all fairness Seat UK have been really good about things so far, much better than Audi UK were when I had an issue with them.

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Yes the car was purchased from a Seat main dealer and was sold as a K1.

I have been in touch with Seat UK who are dealing with the matter - they are going to get in touch with the dealer and get their side of the story.

I had a rummage through my old purchase documents last night and it has K1 plastered all over it.

Gutted to be honest, always wanted a K1 since I saw them on the roads, now I want shot of it :(

In all fairness Seat UK have been really good about things so far, much better than Audi UK were when I had an issue with them.

It's a bit bad of the dealers but hopefully Seat UK will sort it out for you....they are good in issues like this.

Dean T

Well I have had the official word today that my car isnt a K1 - the only glimmer of hope was that it was misregistered, which can sometimes happen.

Seat UK are going to speak to the dealership for me and I will have to sort this out with the dealership direct.

I wont post any more on this matter until this has been sorted out just in case for whatevere reason it hampers my case, the fact I have on my side is that the dealer have committed a crime due to advertising and selling me a K1 when it isnt.

Although if anyone does have any hints or tips for me please feel free to PM me :)

Just a warning for you all, check with Seat UK to make sure your K1 is real and dont believe anything a dealer tells you!

Dean T

I'm still battling on with my case.

Could you guys with real K1s check your V5 and let me know if its shows as a K1 on there please.

Appreciate any help with this :)

djsri

Dec 31, 2012
Wilts
Just read through this post, some very useful info. Thanks AndrewJB for the tip on the Seat site also.
I shall check there before buying a K1 first.

Thanks

djsri

Dec 31, 2012
Wilts
Was just thinking. If i was to purchase a K1 as advertised, then checked on the Seat Insurance site only to find its not registered as a K1, Would this de-value the car?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Lol - look about on here and find that SEAT sometimes don't bother their arses getting back to people who want to know if they have a car sold as a Cupra K1 (the only way to tell)- and those delivered as a Cupra K1 often have Cupra on the V5 and no mention of K1 anywhere.

If people are daft enough to pay extra for the same thing with a worse finish, more fool them tbh.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.