Help Removing MK2 EcoMotive Battery?

Yoxman_

Sep 2, 2015
Hi guys! :)

Apologies if this question has been answered on the forum elsewhere. I did a search but I couldn't find anything...

Basically, the last few days, my car (Leon MK2 2010, EcoMotive) has been struggling to start, my battery seems to have died on me.

I've tried to remove it, but it seems something is holding it down...:(

I've removed the top and side battery covers, and the material that is wrapped around the battery (insulation?), removed the positive and negative connectors, but something seems to be holding it in when I try to lift it. :confused:

Any ideas how to get it out? Garages are quoting me an average of £125 for the battery and fitting, but I could do with saving as much as I can this time of year...

Thanks in advance!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've removed the top and side battery covers, and the material that is wrapped around the battery (insulation?), removed the positive and negative connectors, but something seems to be holding it in when I try to lift it. :confused:

If its like mine, as you stand looking at it, there's a bolt down the left hand side attached to a bracket holding it. Just be careful not to lose the bolt or the bracket.

Ah, just thought. You may not be able to see the bolt as I think the factory airbox blocks you from getting to it. So you may have to remove the front part of that first.

Last edited: