simmytt

step by step speaker change.

bqd

need some chocolate
Apr 19, 2008
Belgrade, Serbia
hello

thanks for info will come handy when my Cupra arrives.
one question also... when MF Wheel+Bluetooth is added
as option, it says Leon is then equipped with 8 speakers...
does that mean tweeters in back doors? :)

cheers

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
my stylance comes with 8 speakers so yeah comps in the back doors also... plus not all speakers have tweeters in the speaker only coaxel speakers are like this... if u brought another sert of comps then u can also replace the existing tweeter im going to be installing my JL comps in mine after i get it :)

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
i've got the SD 6-1's in mine, straight swap with the OE mids and they sound better. wouldnt spend 90quid on the HFs without having them amped.

Rossg

Cheers Wrighty, just what I wanted to hear. I assume you still needed to use the speaker ring adapters ? Did they make a big difference.. Only reason I was looking at the more expensive ones was I wanted as big an improvement in sound for the least amount of effort (just a speaker swap), I also notice they are slightly deeper than the SD's, was there much room left behind yours ?

Good advice on the amp though, they are less sensitive speakers.

EDIT : my mistake the HFs are actually 1mm less in depth, and slighly more sensitive than the SDs

Last edited by a moderator:

bqd

need some chocolate
Apr 19, 2008
Belgrade, Serbia
hi all

anyone has spec of factory tweeter (rms power, resistance)?
it's quite painful to remove door panels so I'm thinking leaving factory
tweeters in and just replacing mid speaker (speakers will be run by separate amp, not hu)

thanks
B

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
what can i say i like to be unique :)

i like a good bit of base and when i am listening to a song with alot of base the rear passenger side door speaker vibrates abit to much so thought about changeing them

is there any reason why people dont change or you mean they bypass them and use cableing for 6x9s on the parcel shelf???

upgrading head unit for double din just not 100 per cent which one want dvd sat nav ipod bla bla seen a nice alpine iva-w505r :D but not sure any advice would be good

cheers :cartman:

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
same as me then, :)
im quite suprised it viabrates as its pot riveted on with sponge on the other side but hey ho...
umm most people ust chnage the fronts and add a sub and disconnect the rear speakers totally. after all you sit in the front.. but i changed all my speakers in my golf but havent added a sub :) and dony buy 6x9's there crap lol
there is a few nice double din units around, i havent had any experience with doubles ones before buy my 9 series kenwood makes my infinity kappa speakers sound amazing!

oille90

Cheers for the guide and the link to ebay guys, it helped me fit my FLI install into my FR, now it sounds a dream, so i can cruise in style and lisern to me bouncing tunes.

oille90

Cheers for the guide and the link to ebay guys, it helped me fit my FLI install into my FR, now it sounds a dream, so i can cruise in style and lisern to me bouncing tunes.:lol:

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Tools needed,
flat screwdriver,
torx bit 20
phillips screwdriver,
wire snips (sharp scissors)
electrical tape.
hacksaw.
Parts needed,
16.5cm speakers,
autoleads sak-3103 adaptors.

DSCN5402.jpg

Next, wire speaker up and screw speaker into adaptor.

Is this wire some sort of adapter wire?

**edit, Obviously it is but is it a generic one, does it come with the adapter rings??

Cheers

**edit Just read they come with the kit, mustve missed it

Last edited:

K_C

Great guide.

Was looking at Kappas but they all seem to be components, question is has anyone installed the component with the tweeter? As the distance between mid and tweeter in the car door seems quite long.

Do you use the cabling already in the door to connect the tweeters? or do you need your own cabling to connect the tweeter to the mid?

Also whats the biggest depth of mid you can get in the door?

Was thinking about getting some DLS' but they seem very deep???

TIA

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise