GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

Simon_Peters

2008 Leon Fr TFSI & 01 R6
Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
Hi all,

When you are using your navi, does it use the full size MFd with road names and a distance to turn indiactor? I am only asking as the pic I seen from DanGB was the one with the clock moved slightly to the right? And all the steering wheel buttons work too!!!

After fitting mine yesterday I was most shocked at what appered on the MFD. I am really really pleased with it.

Cheers
Si

Last edited:

Simon_Peters

2008 Leon Fr TFSI & 01 R6
Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
seat or vw dealer will have the manual or it has to be on the internet. I saw on the internet some cable that you can conect dvd and tv tuner tu mfd2.

Hi tommy,

I had mine in the dash but it was poor signal. So i moved it yesterday and I took another route. I went through the glove box and up the passengers fuse box clip which hasn't got any fuses in it and along the bottom of the screen and stuck it to the top of the dash at the back. Works fantastic and you can't seen any wires etc.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Hi all,

When you are using your navi, does it use the full size MFd with road names and a distance to turn indiactor? I am only asking as the pic I seen from DanGB was the one with the clock moved slightly to the right? And all the steering wheel buttons work too!!!

After fitting mine yesterday I was most shocked at what appered on the MFD. I am really really pleased with it.

Cheers
Si

yes and yes :)

GL07

HI bro. i need to know form where did u buy the fascia am in lebanon so i need web site
peace

mliley01

Nov 26, 2006
Solihull
Just wondered... as these units have bluetooth, can you pair the headunit with a bluetooth GPS receiver and get around having to strip the dash out altogether?

penfold uk

hi guys. just a couple of newbie questions. would a mfd 2 work ok in my leon tdi sport(06) and anyone know where to pick one up from. at a reasonable price?

penfold uk

any ideas of what price i should be looking at and cheers for the fast response Dan

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
CD based systems seem to go for around £370... DVD systems are £480+

Lots of Skoda and VW systems - Seat systems are a bit rarer... The only real difference is the colour cheme and the start up logo. Skoda systems have a green colour scheme and the VW ones are blue whilst the SEAT ones are Red, Silver and Black...

The buttons on all systems have red illumination so other than the actual graphics on the screen any system will 'match'...

I personlly went for a SEAT specific system as I think Dan mentioned that non-SEAT systems shift the clock on the MFD across...

If you have BT you will get navi instructions on teh MFD!

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
hi guys. just a couple of newbie questions. would a mfd 2 work ok in my leon tdi sport(06) and anyone know where to pick one up from. at a reasonable price?

Got mine on ebay for £310 two weeks ago. It's a VW CD one with 2005 firmware (seems to be the latest variant).

I thnk the MFD clock shifting thing is just an MFD3 (RNS-510)/pre-MY2008 thing

penfold uk

ok. ive found a seat mfd2 for sale but before i buy it i just want to make sure i've got everything straight.
1. it will work in my leon tdi sport(06)
2. it doesnt need the large mfd which is inbetween the fuel and temp gauge.( only got the basic mfd)
3. fingers crossed it should be plug and play regarding the wiring harness.( apart from the safety pin plug thingy bob)
i think thats about it.

penfold uk

again thankyou for the swift response. :D
i will keep you posted on how i get on. or shall i say ' i shall keep posting for help when i get stuck' :help:

penfold uk

whoops one last thing.
will the steering wheel controls still work once the mfd2 is fitted