GUIDE - How to fit a boost gauge

vdawg

Mar 13, 2010
Northampton
this guide worked like a dream :D ive gone for the velcro on the dash but i wud be interested in the pod kit for the air vent at a later stage me thinks

mouse1989

Now You SEAT Now You Dont
Jul 10, 2008
Wokingham/Reading
Just a quick question and need urgent help. Wiring a boost gauge into a k1. We connected the positive to the fuse and we have earthed the other cable but it's now constantly on and wont turn off. Can anyone help?

wannie

You can have them dim when the head lights are on, quite easy to do. Will post some pics later with mine dimmed and un dimmed!!

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
I have seen nomad do a pillar pod for the mk2 for a single 52mm gauge. Anyone seen a replacement A pillar like the nomad mk1 kits??

patrick leon fr

Where did u get the boost gauge kit frm cant find it any where

h4milton

will be installing mine on the weekeend :)

Last edited by a moderator:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Has anyone fitted one in the circle air vent or does anyone do a holder?

I've got all the pieces for a driver's side vent install.
Will do once my axle stands and trolley jack arrive.

I will be wiring it into the back of the light controls instead of the fuse box. It's less dodgy and I can get dimming etc done as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjagnewLCR265

Sep 19, 2014
northern ireland
plus.google.com
Hi guys can you please help me get my head round something. The tap kit that clips onto the pcv valve pipe from the intake manifold is where the pressure is read from ?? . Does that mean that pressure is being fed into the engine full boost pressure basicly ??

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Not sure what you mean but the tap is nothing more than that. Then you attach a vacuum hose from the tap to the boost gauge or boost sensor, depending on the setup.

tjagnewLCR265

Sep 19, 2014
northern ireland
plus.google.com
The intake manifold . Where the pcv pipe clips onto . You fit that kit which has the taps on it to take the vacuum reading. Is this also where the boost reading comes from ? If so that means full boost pressure circulates the pcv system

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
The intake manifold . Where the pcv pipe clips onto . You fit that kit which has the taps on it to take the vacuum reading. Is this also where the boost reading comes from ? If so that means full boost pressure circulates the pcv system

Hehe. Oh dear.
Yes it is where both vacuum and boost readings come from :)
And it does indeed circulate. Hence the pcv valve needs replacing after a while. It starts to leak

Edit: sorry the above isn't clear. The air circulates but what I mean is if there's boost pressure, a valve shuts and the air goes to the turbo.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise