Leon 2 Complete Range Statistics

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
It may help, the Seat site makes it really hard to compare.

leonspecsvp9.jpg

Soz if its elsewhere i couldn't find it ( is it sticky worthy? )

Last edited by a moderator:

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
That's interesting, that says the sport pack is available for the 1.9TDI stylance, I was told it was only available on the petrol when I ordered my car.:(

mto

2.0 TDI FR has the same maximum power as 2.0 TDI Stylance? Both have 103kW but FR has 170PS when Stylance have only 140PS :p

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
[/QUOTE]That's interesting, that says the sport pack is available for the 1.9TDI stylance, I was told it was only available on the petrol when I ordered my car[/QUOTE]

Well dont go by the specs. 18s were available on a stylance if purchased with sports pack, but when ive ordered it now been told its a misprint....:(

Sharp

i just purchased a 1.6L stylance....i thought it would be a 16v like the old GTI...so it actually is an 8v???:confused: pretty dissapointing

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
seems to do the job...

only thing that concerned me when we took the new leon out ofr a test drive was that the engine sort of cut out after 5-6k revs.....

Sharp

i guess they made it a 8valve to help in the torque department.
i don't recall any issues in the revs when i test drove mine....i guess i'll know better once i get it in 2 weeks...

.db.

I´ve got an Rickard Rydell edition of Leon.
It´s 185 ps 2.0 TFSI, is this a special version to Sweden?
Does anyone know?

prwilf

They should have made the leather available on the FR, gives a serious touch of class!

Autoworld Seat at Chesterfield tell me they can retro fit leather on to the FR if you want it!

CBRED

Jan 20, 2008
durham
call me stupid.
STUPID

there are 3 of us at work who all have 1.6 petrol leons ,1)55 plate and 2 on 07 plates . i,ve past comment that i was told when i bought the car ,1 of the 07 plates was a 8 valve but the other 2 ar**holes i work with insist theres are 16 valve .we,ve had the bonnets up and all look the same ..........so am i right???????

Richard Mandy

Not come across that version , sounds interesting. Whats it got n it? Mine is the uk 185 sport which was the fastest launch model and replaced by the FR at the end of 2006. Love it seems to be quicker than the performance figures suggest, drove it back to back with FR and really struggled to feel the difference. I get 26 to 42 mpg out of it easy 30mpg , average over last year 29 mpg , still on origional tyres at 18k miles, and even front have some meat left. Very comfortable, really good all around performer. Love it.

Rich

coffee_bean

i just purchased a 1.6L stylance....i thought it would be a 16v like the old GTI...so it actually is an 8v???:confused: pretty dissapointing

I was disappointed when I heard that about my car, but I did some research and, coupled with my observations, found the following: The 8 valves provide more torque than 16v versions easily can. The new computer on the engine accounts for the fewer valves and, as it controls timings, fuel flow etc precisely, the efficiency and power can be maintained.

My own observations are that it is pretty damn quiet, which I thought would not be the case, and manages 43mpg on motorway runs, more like 28 round town. It's pokey, with excellent torque for a petrol, but still the weight of the car keeps the acceleration down a bit.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members