Seat emissions

JoeleonFR

Jan 4, 2014
Crewe
Hi All - If there is anyone in the Northwest area who is affected by the emissions update then please email me [email protected] as we are making appointments to discuss the matter enabling the customer more of an understanding other than the press/social media blowing things out of proportion.

Cheers!
Joe @ Crewe SEAT :)

Steve221

Workshy Fop.
May 30, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
Hello mate

Have you heard anything regarding the recent news that many other engines may also be involved? There's much talk in the press about some petrol engines being affected including my 1.4 ACT.

Any info is much appreciated.

JoeleonFR

Jan 4, 2014
Crewe
Hello chaps,

The petrol engines I can confirm are under investigation currently - I am (at the moment) unable to disclose any information as I do not know the true facts, as soon as I am aware if your vehicles are affected I will inform you.

Cheers,
Joe @ Crewe

Beachbuggy

Sep 3, 2015
My Wife has had a letter telling her that the 2.0L engines will be sorted first as they just need a software update and then the 1.2 and the 1.6 engines will be done in the 2nd and 3rd quarter of the year as these need a new filter putting in before the Mass Flow Sensor and a software update.

I am hoping this will help her MPG as she has one of the many that struggles to do 50mpg

Joe, could you get me a price for a genuine N75 valve for an '04 Leon Cupra R MK1 Please? :)

Beachbuggy

Sep 3, 2015
Not in this letter. It just mentioned the affected diesel engines as they are all classed as the EA189 block.
You should be able to check online if your car is affected or not and what and when things will happen. You should also be getting letters as we are for her car. Luckily mine is old enough not to affected

Hoikey

Aug 5, 2015
Stoke
Think the online bit only tells you about diesels and not the petrol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Beachbuggy

Sep 3, 2015
Then I'd ssy you have nothing to worry about.
At the end of the day until you get a letter from Seat then nothing will be done.
Seat will do everything they can not to inconvenience you or cause you distress as they won't want to lose a loyal customer.

Beachbuggy

Sep 3, 2015
It does say that the software update and the addition of a little filter will take no longer than an hour. I think it also said you could book into any dealership as to best suit you I.e. one right next to home or one right near work if either apply. Otherwise I'm sure and hour wait will have sone free drink and biscuits while you wait :)

JoeleonFR

Jan 4, 2014
Crewe
Hi guys,

Just to let you know I no longer work at Crewe SEAT
For any furthur help or enquiries the service/parts team will be happy to help on 01270 507040.

Thanks
Joe

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.