Lupo GTi axle conversion

yeha

Jul 4, 2015
Anyone done this? I have one ready to go on but there's a few things I'm stuck on. It looks like the brake flexi's can't be removed with dropping the tank as there's no space to work with it in situ. The axle bolt on the passenger side can't be removed unless the pressure limiting block is removed, which risks damaging the brake lines. As I'm using braided lines from the caliper to the shell, I'm starting to think that running a single brake line through the car and choosing better places to attach the braided hoses is the way to go. I've tried finding a build thread via google but no one mentions these problems.

Last edited:

yeha

Jul 4, 2015
Mounting wise they are, apart from the abs equipped cars which don't have the valve block.

Last edited:

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
My corboba has that valve block for the rear brakes that your talking about. It bias rear braking depending on percieved load I.e. Deflection of the lever. I had mine out years ago to put polybushes in. I think mine is maybe fixed to the chassis and the spring goes between the beam and lever. Flexy at the brake end, small hard pipe runs along the beam on each side then another flexy from the end of that hard pipe to the hard pipe on the chassis. This probably doesn't help u much but I have one to go on my Cordoba and the mate put ARB rear beam in a mk2 golf and he says it makes a world of difference.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members