Speed Limiter Toledo IV

Toledo TSI

Sep 20, 2017
Is there a speed limiter fitted to the new Toledo 1.0 TSI to prevent it going over 30mph or 50mph for driving in town or roadworks? I have looked in the manual but see no reference to one.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Is there a speed limiter fitted to the new Toledo 1.0 TSI to prevent it going over 30mph or 50mph for driving in town or roadworks? I have looked in the manual but see no reference to one.

You can set a speed limit on the dash but you just get an annoying beep I think.

Alternatively, I put a speed camera/ speed limit warning database on the navi system.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The 2017 Rapid has got a speed limiter - detailed on p180 of the 2017 Rapid Manual.

Just going to check the Toledo Manual.

Toledo has Speed Warning Device... beeps and lights when 2mph over preset speed.

However, now off to check the switches on the car since I've previously had "undocumented features" on the other Toledo that were detailed in the then current Rapid manual.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The Toledo does not have the button on the cruise column to switch between Cruise Control and Speed Limiter modes. :(

Last edited:

Smileyman

Aug 9, 2017
The Toledo does not have the button on the cruise column to switch between Cruise Control and Speed Limiter modes. :(

I've downloaded the manual for the Rapid and as stated there is a separate button to operate this facility that is not present on the Toledo.

Under tyres option on the display panel I've set a speed warning, it's aimed at winter tyres and bleeps with a message displayed on the little screen on the dashboard

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise