Leon FR rev counter not working

markh

Cupra Leon ST VZ2 2.0 310 4Drive
Jan 15, 2018
My 2009 Leon FR 170 TDi went in to a Seat dealer for the free emissions service and ever since then my rev counter has not worked. All of the other instruments and dashboard lights are working fine.

I've spoken to the dealer and they say that it can't be anything that they did, but are happy for me to pay for them to diagnose the problem.

I really suspect that they have (hopefully inadvertently) knocked a connector or something.

Any advice/suggestions on where to look, where the connectors are, what the problem might be etc.?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
It's unlikely they've disturbed anything. On the 170 it's just a software update via diagnostics.

How long ago did you have it done and when did you first notice the rev counter wasn't working?

Do you have or know anyone who has a code reader / scanner you can plug in to see if any fault codes are showing?

markh

Cupra Leon ST VZ2 2.0 310 4Drive
Jan 15, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

I had it done on 18/11/2017 and noticed that the rev counter wasn't working when I was driving home. Unfortunately they had closed for the day, otherwise I would have gone straight back.

It then took two weeks for them to finally respond to my phone calls.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a code reader / scanner. Guess I'll just have to take it to a local garage, who will hopefully be cheaper than Seat.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise