bulb malfunction light ....

H8T WP

Its come on twice now... all bulbs are fine as far as im aware...

IT came on last week, i spent 10 mins checking, turned engine off then on and light went out.. the same happened tonight. strage as everything works as it should?

any suggestions?

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK

IT came on last week, i spent 10 mins checking, turned engine off then on and light went out.. the same happened tonight. strage as everything works as it should?

any suggestions?
Sounds like a poor connection if ALL lamps are lit - had a simlar problem when I fitted LED side lights until I got the electrical loading right. Nearly all new cars have very sensitive supply and can thow up these errors. [it should indicate to you where the lamp error is though try taking out and refitting if it does]

cuprarstu

Jan 8, 2006
Hertfordshire

any suggestions?

I had this problem, all my lights worked fine, but the warning light on the dashboard still indicated there was a fault. I had to take it to a dealer who fixed it in a minute. From what I remember they reckoned the computer had not been set properly from the factory (even though this problem occured after about a month of owning it!):shrug:

H8T WP

seems to happen when i put on my full beam... i might pop down to irfan from m1 autos ! cheers

H8T WP

it wasnt clear what it means so i spent 15 mins getting the manual out lol trying to find out what it meant :) joy joy

Dizzy Devil

Same problem

I have had the same problem on my FR as well. The bulb defect light has come on twice now and it always when i'm using full beam. Good to hear that i'm not the only one as the car is only 3 weeks old!!

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
seems to happen when i put on my full beam... i might pop down to irfan from m1 autos ! cheers

the 1st time I drove my car at night, put the lights on and the fault light came on. The full beam would work but only for a second or two, it was the motor in the drivers side light.

Dealer replaced the unit.

cupraII

Dec 23, 2007
the 1st time I drove my car at night, put the lights on and the fault light came on. The full beam would work but only for a second or two, it was the motor in the drivers side light.

Dealer replaced the unit.

Same problem on my Cupra, I had to have one of the motors changed in the headlights, but it took seat CS about 6 weeks to decide what it was!

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I have xenons, and yet *again* my fr needs to go into the garage to fix the full beams.

If i put the full beams on, the main normal bulbs come on, and the xenon bit pops up to shine the light further infront, but after 5-6 seconds, they xenon bit pops back down to dipped mode.

Pain in the arse :(

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
I have xenons, and yet *again* my fr needs to go into the garage to fix the full beams.

If i put the full beams on, the main normal bulbs come on, and the xenon bit pops up to shine the light further infront, but after 5-6 seconds, they xenon bit pops back down to dipped mode.

Pain in the arse :(

Sounds like the motor problem that I had.

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
I had this problem, all my lights worked fine, but the warning light on the dashboard still indicated there was a fault. I had to take it to a dealer who fixed it in a minute. From what I remember they reckoned the computer had not been set properly from the factory (even though this problem occured after about a month of owning it!):shrug:

2 months in and mine has done this....to the stealers with it tomorrow - first thing to go wrong :cry:

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
I have this too. Lights seam to light as they should. Indicate left and the dash light indicates twice as fasdt like when a bulb has blown but the bulbs has blown. Then after a few flashes of indicator (left) the warning light goes out and the dash indicator arrow goes back to normal speed... :(

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
I have this too. Lights seam to light as they should. Indicate left and the dash light indicates twice as fasdt like when a bulb has blown but the bulbs has blown. Then after a few flashes of indicator (left) the warning light goes out and the dash indicator arrow goes back to normal speed... :(

This is exactly what mine is doing, all bulbs working fine but have a fault displayed and indicators on double speed - except when I push the hazard button??!:shrug:

Taking it to the garage today

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.