Options affecting Leon lead times

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Well that’s that. Dropped my current Leon off at the dealership today, they’re going to settle the finance and send me a cheque for the difference....£72 .

Feel a bit sad but I’m excited for the new one.

The dealer has kindly provide me with a loan car as VWFS refused to extend my finance for a couple of weeks. They’ve had to register a brand new Ibiza for me. Literally only done PDI miles. It feels well built, good quality (minus an annoying rattle) and it’s nice to drive. Albeit the 1.0ltr engine lacks the power of the 1.4 TSI I’m used to. but around town it’d be fantastic.
d5e50ce376dcaa57e1d514e765983ff1.jpg
f5df918405f655b55fdb0951fb78993a.jpg

Not sure how Ewen wangled a Golf GTI haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's still something! I'm honestly not sure how I managed to end up with a GTI either... But I ain't complaining!!

Booked my train ticket to go collect first weekend in March :D
3aa0cce28a9316f2588d708940471a36.jpg

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
It's still something! I'm honestly not sure how I managed to end up with a GTI either... But I ain't complaining!!

Can’t help but think that the Leon looks a whole lot better than that Golf!

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Must agree. Friend of mines just got a new golf GTi, and although a lot of the interior features are the same between the two, the exterior of the Leon looks a lot better

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

:D small world, when did you get that?
I work round there.

Last edited:

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
:D small world, when did you get that?
I work round there.
Small world indeed! :D

Few weeks ago, SEAT rang me and had it delivered within a few hours - I couldn't believe they were capable of delivering anything quickly. Nice gesture to keep me going until the new toy arrives!!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Small world indeed! :D

Few weeks ago, SEAT rang me and had it delivered within a few hours - I couldn't believe they were capable of delivering anything quickly. Nice gesture to keep me going until the new toy arrives!!

Is that from the middlewood rd JCT?

How is it? Always use to want a GTI?
Hope it doesn't take anything away from your new order.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Is that from the middlewood rd JCT?

How is it? Always use to want a GTI?
Hope it doesn't take anything away from your new order.
Got my last two cars from the JCT on Middlewood Rd but got an amazing price through DriveTheDeal this time around that they couldn't match.

GTI was arranged through a rental company. Trying not to enjoy it too much because I know my Leon is less powerful, but a very similar drive (except the power) to my old one.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Got my last two cars from the JCT on Middlewood Rd but got an amazing price through DriveTheDeal this time around that they couldn't match.

GTI was arranged through a rental company. Trying not to enjoy it too much because I know my Leon is less powerful, but a very similar drive (except the power) to my old one.

You may have been better off with an Ibiza too :D

Does it have a decent spec? I can see it has acc.

How are you finding the interior quality?

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
You may have been better off with an Ibiza too :D

Does it have a decent spec? I can see it has acc.

How are you finding the interior quality?
I'm not as familiar with the Golf spec but yes it has ACC which I haven't really had the opportunity to try as most of my driving is around Sheffield. Winter pack is nice for the heated seats in this weather though! Not sure what else it has which isn't standard. Unfortunately it's not the Mk7.5 so it doesn't have the virtual cockpit

Interior quality is good. I'd call the design fairly uninspiring (much like the Leon to be fair) but everything is nice to touch, and I'd put it a little step above the Leon. Sunglasses holder in the roof is a nice addition.

The Android Auto / Carplay isn't activated on this car which is mildly annoying!

marcuscupra300

Jan 23, 2018
Seat Leon Hatchback 2.0 TSI Cupra 300 DSG Orange
Lease type:
Personal Contract Hire
Start date:
-
End date:
-
Term:
36 Months

Order processed22/01/2018
Anticipated due date to dealer 18/06/2018

Reason for delay...I'm told just because its a Cupra

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I'm not as familiar with the Golf spec but yes it has ACC which I haven't really had the opportunity to try as most of my driving is around Sheffield. Winter pack is nice for the heated seats in this weather though! Not sure what else it has which isn't standard. Unfortunately it's not the Mk7.5 so it doesn't have the virtual cockpit

Interior quality is good. I'd call the design fairly uninspiring (much like the Leon to be fair) but everything is nice to touch, and I'd put it a little step above the Leon. Sunglasses holder in the roof is a nice addition.

The Android Auto / Carplay isn't activated on this car which is mildly annoying!

Ah ok, well judging by the spec of your Leon and taking the power out of the equation you'll forget about the golf in no time ( I hope :))

I had an S3 delivered not too far away from where your GTI was delivered back in October through to December.

I loved it, but I'm still enjoying my Leon now I have it back.

Wonky2348

Wonky
Jan 21, 2016
Seat Leon Hatchback 2.0 TSI Cupra 300 DSG Orange
Lease type:
Personal Contract Hire
Start date:
-
End date:
-
Term:
36 Months

Order processed22/01/2018
Anticipated due date to dealer 18/06/2018

Reason for delay...I'm told just because its a Cupra

Hi Marcus. So are you the first brave one to go for the Orange?? I love the colour, but I've only seen it on press pictures. Which of course make it look very bright and zingy. Have you or anyone seen the colour in the flesh (so to speak)??

Wonky2348

Wonky
Jan 21, 2016
Those images you have posted look completely different to what I've seen.

Sorry I cannot attach any links as I've not posted 15 times yet, but if you google search Cupra 300 Orange the colours seem a lot lighter and brighter.

marcuscupra300

Jan 23, 2018
Hi Marcus. So are you the first brave one to go for the Orange?? I love the colour, but I've only seen it on press pictures. Which of course make it look very bright and zingy. Have you or anyone seen the colour in the flesh (so to speak)??

No only in Pics lol, but i though the cupra is so understated in looks it called for a shouty colour. I would have got Monsoon Grey my fave colour but my Ibiza is that colour and 2 cars the same colour would have been a bit silly.

Last edited:

marcuscupra300

Jan 23, 2018

No only in Pics lol, but i though the cupra is so understated in looks i called for a shouty colour. I would have got Monsoon Grey my fave colour but my Ibiza is that colour and 2 cars the same colour would have been a bit silly.

if you look for the video (Seat Leon Cupra 300 REVIEW hatch vs estate Colour and trim Special - Autogefühl) its shows the orange one

Jenks9

Jun 2, 2014
South wales
I have been waiting since september for my new leon 1.8 fr dsg with a ton of options on it and was originally told 4th week of January but has been delayed until end of Febuary now , so decided to call the local dealer and ask them to register in March instead and was given the thumbs up on that and a cheque for £250 for delay. So win win for me.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.