What is standard on the new FR?

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
Went to look at new Ibizas at dealership in Sunderland. I’ve owned 4 Ibizas since 2005 so I knew exactly what I wanted - another FR. I only wanted to take a look with a view to buying the car on March 1st (or there abouts). However, I was amazed to see the dealership didn’t have a single FR in the showroom. S and SE only and the salesman reckoned that there is a 3 to 4 month waiting list on orders for an FR? Is this for real? Or did I get sucked into panic buying??! Either way I bought an FR 115 in Extortionate Priced Burgundy Red. The only thing I’ve added is Dual Climate Control to bring it to the same spec as my current 2014 FR.

Of course I know the new Ibiza has quite a bit of stuff as standard that it didn’t have before but working out exactly what is standard is very difficult. I’m reading through the users manual (fond of a treat) and its easy enough to see what is standard across all Ibiza models but then there’s the items with an asterisk donating “selected models only”. I’ve checked Seat website specs, my dealer’s specs and other dealer’s specs but none make it clear as to which asterisk items are on an FR. And guess what, my dealer “isn’t sure”!

OK, I don’t expect anybody here to start listing every possible item but I’m interested in particular to know which of the following is standard on the FR 115...

Fatigue recognition, adaptive cruise control, speed limiter, emergency brake assist, park pilot, driver profiles. And while I’m here. Does anybody know if the voice on the satnav is male or female? Can it be changed if we don’t like the default?

My wife loves “Henry” from the “Portable System” (Navigon/Garmin) in our current FR.

Last edited:

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
Excellent, thanks for the brochure links. I'd found online brochures already today but none with a comprehensive list like that.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I can't believe your dealership didn't give you the same information!

Not having a precise knowledge of the full specification of every model is understandable, but how difficult is it to find the information? No wonder we have such a bad reputation.

Only thing not in the brochure/price list is the Sat Nav voice. I've been driving SEAT for two years now and never used it, so have no idea! :redface:

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
Well, the reason they couldn't find out the finer details was because their Internet
was down! In fact I couldn't even pay him the deposit for the same reason. My wife
went back next day with the deposit but only spoke to a "girl on the desk".

I'm not complaining, the dealership and service department have been really good to us for 13 years now. If I'd wanted I could have pushed for the details but thought I'd find them easily myself - or come here to this forum :D

I use the satnav only when on holiday as we tour around a lot. But I enter literally dozens
of locations. Not happy that I now have to sit in the car to program it all though instead of doing it in front of my PC at my leisure with Google Maps, Google Earth etc so I park in virtually the exact spot I want within a few yards! The salesman recommended "jotting down the postcodes with a pen". Yeah... right. Cos remote viewpoints in the Highlands are famous for their post codes.

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
I use the satnav only when on holiday as we tour around a lot. But I enter literally dozens of locations. Not happy that I now have to sit in the car to program it all though instead of doing it in front of my PC at my leisure with Google Maps, Google Earth etc so I park in virtually the exact spot I want within a few yards! The salesman recommended "jotting down the postcodes with a pen". Yeah... right. Cos remote viewpoints in the Highlands are famous for their post codes.

According to page 46 of the nav system manual you should be able to import personal POI (Points of Interest). Unfortunately it doesn't provide any detail on how these should be formatted for import.

http://www.seat.co.uk/datamanual-infotainment/media_system_plus_navi_system_ibiza270/my18_w45/en-uk/MSPLUS_NS_IBIZA_11_17_EN.pdf

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
Yes, I already read that manual from top to bottom. The "Media System Plus" looks really good to be fair.

Searched around the Internet for info on POIs (and vcards) but can't find anything for the new unit in terms of exact format. Not anything I can easily understand anyway.

Would also be handy for speed cameras. Seems some satnavs can have speed cameras imported as POIs - no info yet for this unit though. My current Garmin has camera warnings built in - warns even when not in satnav mode - so I'm going to miss that as well.

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
Crikey. Lot of stuff there. I'm savvy enough to do it if it works for the FR unit. I've bookmarked the pages cos of course I can't do anything till I have the new car in March. Cheers.

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
Just to let you know. I followed the instructions for creating Speed Cams warnings as POIs. The thread you linked to was very useful though it actually links to several other threads and websites and includes the need to learn German. But I thought - what the hell - how hard can it be?

I followed the whole lot and have created all the files needed to add Speed Cams with audible warnings to a new Ibiza FR satnav via an SD Card. All I need now is a new Ibiza FR. Won't know until then if it actually worked but it looks right.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe, sehr geschätzt !!!!!!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
In UK, Full LED headlights is not standard on Ibiza FR.

All models up (Arona, Leon, Ateca) FR trim and above, standard.

Then again, the old FR, Bi-xenons weren't standard either, but were on Cupras.

I doubt park pilot or adaptive cruise is standard either as I saw them as options on the site.

What you could do (which I do sometimes) is just go on the cofigurator and have a look which you can add (eg..not standard).

Oh, on FRs there is NOT OPTION in UK to have rear electric windows....

Last edited:

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
Yeah I know about the rear window winders but it's the same on my 2014 FR. I used
to have them as standard on earlier lower spec Ibizas.

When I first heard there was no electric rear window winder I read it as "Window Wiper" so was a bit shocked till I realised my mistake.

I was also shocked to find the petrol cap has no lock until I learned the actual flap is locked with the central locking.

Something I noticed that is standard on the new FR is rear seat belt warnings which I've never had before. Pressumably seat belt warnings work by sensing weight on the seat?
(I mean the thing you sit on - not the car... seat vs Seat)!

So what happens if you carry (say) a heavy box on the back seat? Will the warning come on? Is there a way to cancel it?

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
So what happens if you carry (say) a heavy box on the back seat? Will the warning come on?
Yes

Is there a way to cancel it?
Wrap a seat belt around the box and plug it in. This will also stop said heavy box from shooting forward and potentially killing you in the event of an accident/sudden braking!

thirl88

Jan 22, 2018
Nah. The box I was thinking of was small but with incredibly heavy feathers in it. In any case
I would place it behind the passanger seat.

But - thanks for the info. :)

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I saw 2 new Ibiza's yesterday night, one on the A3 motorway and another near Wocester Park (Desire Red FR with 18 inch and LED). I don't see any so far, and in the same hour I see 2 new ones!

The one on the motorway I could only see the back LED only as it overtook me, but it's definately ibiza, but I think it was SE or Xcellence, no visible exhaust trim, no LED Headlights, as it was imitting halogen light signature in front.

The 2nd I was just walking after parking up the car...my days it looks good!

Woksin

Dec 13, 2017
Leicestershire
I saw 2 new Ibiza's yesterday night, one on the A3 motorway and another near Wocester Park (Desire Red FR with 18 inch and LED). I don't see any so far, and in the same hour I see 2 new ones!

The one on the motorway I could only see the back LED only as it overtook me, but it's definately ibiza, but I think it was SE or Xcellence, no visible exhaust trim, no LED Headlights, as it was imitting halogen light signature in front.

The 2nd I was just walking after parking up the car...my days it looks good!

I saw two a couple months back! Saw the excellence in a housing estate in Nottingham! Seen a SE trim by Loughborough too. They do look very good!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.