Ibiza Mk4 Custom Gas Bonnet Lifters/Struts - Finally Finished!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
thanks!

These have been on the car half a week now, and I've already had 4 or 5 people from work want to see them as they've got Ibizas or VAG cars without them. :p It's very odd, going to the car in the works carpark and popping the bonnet to show them. LOL

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
Thats quality mate you deserve a pint, i'll drink this in your honour lol

I miss the noise they make when opening the bonnet from when i had a golf

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Well this lot, all in, cost me £50 odd, but I did get the brackets for free :)

The Fabia kits cost £45 odd, but they're only 1 strut, so I'm sure if Damoegan can find OEM struts from a scrappy, this might bring the overall price down if he decides to sell as a kit.

martsFS100

I like very much!!! If I was to do any mods, this would defo be top of the list and not too expensive, just getting the brackets fabricated would be my limitation, but know a few people who could help me with that!!

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Well it's been a week since these were fitted now, and no problems here :) Might remove the standard arm and orange clip soon, for that extra bit of tidyness and weight saving! lol

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
It's all custom, and it's only for me :p

Unfortunately I can't make up the bits in bulk - but I believe that Damo might be copying my idea and then reproducing.... he's just trying to source all the components.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Guys and Gals,

Please stop emailing me asking for part listings, or if I would make the bits. I have given all of the info I have on the first few posts of this thread, and I've already said that I cannot manufacture them.

Damo might be - so keep tuned and watch for his updates :)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Had half an hour spare at work today so made a start on making some brackets :)

P08-11-09_1755.jpg

Will try and finish them off tomorrow. Then just need to sort the gas struts out.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
looks like some good work, my man -

You might have problem with the corner on the base..... there is an indentation on the bonnet where it's located so might need to cut it back. Unless of course your bracket is shorter than mine (ie mounting holes closer to the ball-end hole) and in which case you may need slightly stronger and longer struts to keep the bonnet open as wide.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.