Ibiza Mk4 Custom Gas Bonnet Lifters/Struts - Finally Finished!

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
My bracket is the same lenght as your's Paul, there just not finished yet :)

I will sort the corner out when I get some more time.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Making the brackets is easy for me as I have all the tools at work :D

Dont think I will have to tweak the design as Paul spent quite a bit of time on them to get them right.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Thanks Damo! :)

I don't see the point in tweaking a known (working) design myself - but go for it! Each to their own and that - my design was based on brackets that I've seen on Lexus and Skyline forums to be honest - all seem to be very similar. Really depends on your choice of strut and availability.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Yeah - it's not rocket science - just take your time and try to take everything you can into account - measure twice, cut once kinda theory!

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
:yes:

Only difference in my bracket iss that I'm using 25mm L shape stainless instead of the 30mm you used. Only because thats all I had lying around.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Should be plenty strong enough I'd think. I made a template out of tin to start with - didn't last for too long but at least it gave me the right shape/dimensions :p

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
There is more than enough strength in the bracket mate.

If your design works fine for you I am more than happy enough to use exactly the same design ;)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Yep - if I were to redo this, I'd use thinner stainless as it'd give more thread on the bonnet bracket bolts. Think you've got the right materials - but don't see the point in re-doing mine as it works fine :)

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
First dibs on one of your kits Damo! You pinched the Scangauge off Chris before I got to it so I want one of these kits. :lol:

I'll pay obviously! :funk:

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
First dibs on one of your kits Damo! You pinched the Scangauge off Chris before I got to it so I want one of these kits. :lol:

I'll pay obviously! :funk:

:lol:

I'll get mine sorted first then see if I can get a good sorce for the gas struts, Ash.

Last edited:

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Finished fabricating my brackets now, just need to paint them. Also got some struts on the way to try :D

P12-11-09_1501.jpg

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members