Lowering springs

sharples

Jul 6, 2011
I just fitted the KW 35mm spring kit and I think it is a great balance of looking lower and good ride, my housemates didnt realise id changed the springs when in the car and the ride is pretty much the same as before hand, was very surprised! looks so much better with the back lower!

Fannon

Ibiza KiD
May 31, 2011
Airdrie, Scotland.
I just fitted the KW 35mm spring kit and I think it is a great balance of looking lower and good ride, my housemates didnt realise id changed the springs when in the car and the ride is pretty much the same as before hand, was very surprised! looks so much better with the back lower!

Are you sure about the ride not being much different :p

You're comment is making me swing towards the KW kit for my Ibiza. I was going to go with the Eibach springs, but wanted it a bit lower, but don't want to compromise to much with the ride. The ride in the Ibiza just now is harsh I find so I don't want it to get any worse with the KW springs. Have you got a picture of you Ibiza with the new springs?

sharples

Jul 6, 2011
Hi Fannon, yeah I would honestly say the ride is pretty much the same, its is a bit choppier over speed bumps but it also corners flatter so I am willing have the extra harshness on speed bumps for that! Here are some pics of it, they were taken straight after we did it and the car has now settled ever so slightly lower since then. Please excuse the dodgy number plate hiding, I'm at work and the best I've got it Paint!

boc2-1.jpg

boc1-1.jpg

boc3-1.jpg

Last edited:

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
So tempted !!! the stance looks perfect mate. May try and make them a birthday prezzie off the missus. Been trying to sell my tuning box to fund it, but sadly with no luck :(

sharples

Jul 6, 2011
cheers mate :) It does make a big difference to the look of the car, especially from the rear 3/4 view. The guy with the ridiculously slammed Leon did warn me that once you start changing bits like this on your car then it becomes addictive and you dont stop!

Going to TTRS Roadsport in Bedford tomorrow for a wheel alignment, will be interesting to see how much lowering it has affected it!

GazEP3

Missing the vtec yo :(
Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
My brother fitted the Apex kit to his beeth last week. Good bit lower and handles great. The ride is a bit firmer but that's to be expected really and only noticable over speed bumps.

I ordered mine today, £78 inc VAT ;) ohhh yeah!!! :D I am a jammy f**ker or what!

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
My V-Maxx coilovers got fitted today. From what I've driven so far the ride has improved.

Just a big notice for anyone who does get v-maxx coils, you will need shorter droplinks (I used ford puma) and you will need at least 5mm spacers at the front. Otherwise your wheel is very close to the springs on the coilovers.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.