Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
d4b780bd-4e65-d1d5.jpg

That is FRESH as fúck!!

GazEP3

Missing the vtec yo :(
Nov 27, 2009
Northern Ireland
Fitted my Apex springs last night. Went down a bit more than the quoted 35mm though, more like 50 I'd say and the drop is nice n even front and back. Ride-wise, it's not much different to what it was before, just a lot less body roll. Will get some pics up in my RR thread when I get a chance

toathus

Feb 26, 2012
I've got H&R 25/40 on mine and the ride is becoming unbearable. I didn't own the car when it was stock so don't know how the ride was initially. I've always had cars with a firm ride as I prefer the trade of with better handling for a compromise in comfort.
My last car was an E36 which sat on eibach coilovers and the BOC with the H&R's is so much harsher!

mwillis551

No D-Turbo!
Jan 29, 2012
Northern Ireland, Portadown
Perfect! ^^

Would still like it lower though :)

I've got H&R 25/40 on mine and the ride is becoming unbearable. I didn't own the car when it was stock so don't know how the ride was initially. I've always had cars with a firm ride as I prefer the trade of with better handling for a compromise in comfort.
My last car was an E36 which sat on eibach coilovers and the BOC with the H&R's is so much harsher!

Thats what everyone on here was saying, so i stayed away from them :/
Mine are the slightest bit more bouncy, I think?? But still very comfortable :)

seatcupra225

I really need to drop my car a little, they sit way to high as standard. Would coilovers give a softer ride then just springs, I don't need the rest of the advantages coilovers bring as I won't be on a track and don't want it slammed, but would be willing to pay the extra £400 if the ride is superior, had wietech coilovers on my lcr and they were impressive, just very expensive to purchase and have fitted/set-up properly.

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Springs will generally give you a better ride quality but it depends on a lot of things for example what brand, what dampers are used and also how low you go.

Damian @ DPM Performance

seatcupra225

Thanks Damian, what setup would you suggest for roughly a 30mm drop? The brand would only be decided on ride comfort tbh, I looked through all he threads on springs and still undecided? If replacing the shocks as well improves the ride then I would.

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
You'll get a better ride quality with springs and shocks but at the moment there's not many options available for the new Ibiza.

For just springs I'd go for the Eibach Pro kit which retains a lot of comfort and works well with standard dampers.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.