Lowering springs

seatcupra225

Ok, would you say it was worth waiting/looking for a setup with shocks. I am over 30 now and give my pensioner father lifts to the pub and back. I don't want him pulling a muscle cause I've hit a pothole. My old lcr was o.k on coilovers but the Ibiza is not far off the limit as standard. Could you give me a price for the kit? Dou you have fitting centres nationally?

seatcupra225

Not really tight on budget, would be willing to pay around £600 all in if looked good and ride was good. I used to pay more but priorities change with age. I could ask badger to fit as will be calling him ref remap shortly!

seatcupra225

How much would they cost to get fitted Damian? Any fitting centres nationally? Would my geometry need doing after fitting and if it was your car would you spend the extra over the eibach springs. Sorry for all the questions an thanks for advice.

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
It would depend where you went but fitting should usually be around £150.00.

Yes it will when changing any suspension part.

If it was my car then yes if budget allowed I would go for the full B12 kit and it's a kit I've actually had fitted to two of my previous cars.

Damian @ DPM Performance

seatcupra225

Ok, I will give you a call Friday when back home to arrange purchase. I would have thought coilovers would have been the route to go on that budget but will stick with your recommendation.
Speak to u on Friday
Tim

seatcupra225

One last thing, I didn't mention my cars a bocanegra, I thinks it's already a little Lower then the standard Ibiza. Would that be a 25mm drop on the boc?

seatcupra225

I don't think that's gonna be enough Damian. I'll go and have a look but was really looking for a 25-30mm drop. Any kits available?

seatcupra225

Better then just getting the eibach springs with standard shocks.

Mar 13, 2010
@Damian - If we are talking about just springs for a cupra/boc what would you recomend for comfort and performance? Eibachs im thinking or what would you suggest.

T72

I put the Eibach springs on my 2011 Cupra and was dissapointed to see them dropping the front end only about 10 mm. The rear on the other hand dropped almost 40 mm... Now the front is just a little higher than the rear, I hate that look [:@] I'm not a big fan of the ride quality either, the rear end feels way too stiff.

I know most people seem to like their Eibach springs, but they didn't work for me...

MrTSI

hmm after was reading all 6 pages..... i think i changed my mind. I was about to get H&R springs for my 1.2 TSI but everyone says that the ride quality is very awfull. Any other springs suggestion?? I was thinking KW also............ for 1.2TSI the drop is 30mm or 35mm??

only cons for KW is more expensive than h&r.

Mar 13, 2010
From reading it appears rthe Eibachs have a decent ride but not a huge drop, i dont want mine to low but i find the back end is far to lively when pushing it hard, so want rear ARB and springs.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.