Seat Ibiza MK5 fuse box layout!

CraigFrTsi

"Dude I almost had you"
May 23, 2013
Stapleford, Notts
Fair enough I only had my light unit out to replace oem mic with the pioneer headunit/parrot mic so didn't really noticed how the lights were wired

JoshRedCupra

May 11, 2015
Essex
My rear lights, side lights arent working. And the interior light flashes in time to the ticking coming from the fuse box. Which fuse have I blown?

scoota80

Oct 6, 2011
Is the fuse box numbers laid out left to right? Also I have a bunch of little fuse on the left and then bigger fuses on the right :handbags:

Westtopher

Westtopher
Nov 2, 2015
Sevenoaks, Kent
Hi Guys think a fuse had blown. Checked it against the manual but still unsure. My number plate lights have gone and I suspect it is just the fuse. I can see that it is fuse 17 that has the number plate bulbs and side light indicators but my side light indicators are working fine. Anyone got any ideas? Could it potential be on a separate fuse?

Westtopher

Westtopher
Nov 2, 2015
Sevenoaks, Kent
I have the same problem as westtopher! Did you ever get a solution for it? Or does any one know, its driving my crazy

Hey mate, after I took it to a garage and they told me it was a wiring problem and it would cost minimum £44 to just take the bumper off to look at it. I thought I would just try the fuse box, changed the corresponding fuse and hey presto it worked.

Jordan5295

Jan 11, 2016
Anybody on here able to tell me where the fuse for the rear lights are on the bocanegra, found the fusebox under the stearing wheel although there isnt and diagram to show which fuse is what?

Thanks

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Still unsure of what fuse it is for the rear lights, indecators, fog lights and reg lights still al work fine?

Try fuse 24

Earlier in the thread the guys are saying that stupidly the interior lights are linked to the tail lights, the glove box and the boot light

Jordan5295

Jan 11, 2016
Try fuse 24

Earlier in the thread the guys are saying that stupidly the interior lights are linked to the tail lights, the glove box and the boot light

Makes sence, it was the boot light i changed and blew the sidelights, know of any problems putting in hid kits to these car as i done that aswell

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
know of any problems putting in hid kits to these car as i done that aswell

If it hasn't brought up the "bulb out" warning then no issue with the car.

The only other issue is MOT and possibly the Police.
HID conversions will fail an mot now and the plod might have a chat if they believe they are blinding to other road users.

Jordan5295

Jan 11, 2016
It has brought up the light on the dash which im not fussed over, just wondering if it could blow any fuses or cause any other electrical issues

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
It has brought up the light on the dash which im not fussed over, just wondering if it could blow any fuses or cause any other electrical issues

Nope - a 35w hid will draw less than the 55w bulb.

See if there is someone near you with VCDS and get the bulb warning switched off.
it is also an mot fail point.

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Seat ibiza fuse box layout with images & a problem i need help with.

Hey guys i am newbie to this, just joined today. But thought would be good if i posted an image of the fuse box ALSO WITH LABELLED TAGS TO SHOW YOU WHERE EACH FUSE IS STATED BY OWNERS MANUAL. As we all know where to find it be seat dont seem to put an illustration on the cover to tell you which slot is which??? see image 1
dateposted-public

Now i have a problem with my fuse box. I bought my car brand new back in 2009 so i am only owner. But my boot is not working. you press the button on key fob and nothing, try opening it via seat logo switch and nothing. I looked in my fuse box and based on the owners manual, i appear to have two fuses the wrong spec. (See pic 2)
dateposted-public
. Slot 45 is supposedly for rear window heater and should be a yellow 20 ampbut there appears to be a green 30 amp?

slot 48 is for Locking Unit and should be a blue 15amp fuse but a white 25amp is in its place? Now could this be related as the colour of fuses are there for a reason and if i am right with fuses slot layout then these are incorrect? but would this be cause my boot to fail from working?

Sorry for long post, but hope it helps someone and hopefully someone can help me back.

If the pictures are not showing you can go to my flickr and see them both at https://www.flickr.com/photos/82985166@N03/with/34289038550/ i only have two pictures on there

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.