Warranty Work - Who Pays for the Labour Costs

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Are dealers able to claim for any time they spent (labour) from SEAT when they do any warranty work on a car? Or can they only claim for the cost of any replacement parts?

Obviously the customer doesn't pay any labour costs, so who does? Or does the dealer just lose out in respect to this where warranty work is concerned?

Deleted member 92098

We claim the money back through SEAT for both labour and parts. The dealer does not pay. We get paid for the work. Albeit marginal gains.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I did have my suspicions that the labour charges dealers get from SEAT for any warranty work they do was minimal.

It goes some way to explaining why I haven't had a particularly good experience with a regards to some warranty work on my car. It is now fairly evident that there is no real incentive for a dealer to spend more than a minimal amount of time trying to chase down and fix a warranty problem when there are other paying customer bookings that they can profit far more from by spending their time on those cars instead.

Deleted member 92098

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I did have my suspicions that the labour charges dealers get from SEAT for any warranty work they do was minimal.

It goes some way to explaining why I haven't had a particularly good experience with a regards to some warranty work on my car. It is now fairly evident that there is no real incentive for a dealer to spend more than a minimal amount of time trying to chase down and fix a warranty problem when there are other paying customer bookings that they can profit far more from by spending their time on those cars instead.

To be honest, most dealers should be keen for the work. We're always keen, to turn work away is a sure way to make a business go down hill.

They'd get paid for diagnosing the warranty work and include it in the labour cost when submitting the claim. If they couldn't fault it then they'd take it under the chin and move you on.

If you need anything in the future, let me know. Warranty work can be undertaken at any SEAT dealer, so if it's something that's covered, I'm sure we can be of some decent help.

Cheers

Mike @ SEAT Worcester. (Parts Manager)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.