Door Lock failures

Old Bloke

Jan 30, 2014
Oxfordshire
If it's mechanical I can usually fix it, however when it's today's electronics it's a different ball game and I know it's a case of reach for the computer to find the fault and then fix it.

My problem is that my 2003 Toledo has developed a passenger front door lock that will not unlock now and has been intermittently faulty and not pushing up the button especially when it rains.

The offside rear door lock has also now decided to play at the same game which is a real pain as the wife has to scramble over the front seat or get in the nearside rear door.

I am guessing that I will have to bite the bullet and take the car to the dealer for the fault to be diagnosed so that I can then see to replacing the parts concerned.

Equally once parts are replaced am I right in thinking they wioll have to be programmed so that the computer recognises a new electronic component ?

You can always tell when the cold weather is coming when car's develpoe problems but anyone out there in SeatWorld know how what and where I can get it fixed.

Thanks for your time.

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Will both need new door locks fitting , straight forward to change and no coding required ,

Very common problem , have fitted two in my Toledo over the last few years , passenger rear and drivers rear on mine .

You can sometimes get the door to unlock by pushing the unlock button and pulling the door Handel at the same time and they may release allowing you to swap the locks over .

Old Bloke

Jan 30, 2014
Oxfordshire
Thanks for the reply, I have tried the door bashing and handle pulling with no effect so how do you release the unreleased ?
If it's simple refitment then I can Handle that ( Pun intended ) so do I have to get them released by a garage with magic box of tricks first ?
Thanks again.

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
If they don't release with a bang ,
You have to pull rear seat bench out , remove door card and the associated door parts ,
Once you can see the lock you need to get a bar and hammer and smash the lock to pieces , you can then open the door and replace the look ,
It sounds brutal but this is the only way to get the door released and open if you can persuade the door to open

Old Bloke

Jan 30, 2014
Oxfordshire
As spudboy says the only way is to smash it.

I just fitted one of these to my car yesterday, so can vouch for the fact that it works fine and seems well made.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-AROS...l:Leon&hash=item233e5de91e:g:xVUAAOSwFdtXzZLg

Thats the front passenger side, but same place does all 4 locks
Well at long last I got around to doing this job on the passenger front door which had gone into deadlock mode, it was a long drawn out process but I managed to do it without damaging the interior plastics.
You were right about smashing the lock to bits and it took me down to the last bit of metal to get the lock to open.
Glad I did it and feel sorry for those who have it happen to them but have to get a garage to do the job. I was quoted £600 for this
If anyone wants any tips on doing this just leave me a message
Regards.
Old Bloke

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
How do you get the rear Leon doors catch changed I can’t get to it because I’m unable to remove inner door skin fully as can’t get glass off?

Old Bloke

Jan 30, 2014
Oxfordshire
Have a look and see if there are two big round black grommets towards the top of the inner panel, if there are remove them and wind the window down where you will see a bolt appear at each opening , these are the grip bolts on the bottom edge of the window, undo them so that they go slack but do not totally undo them. Once released pull the window up slowly and it will allow it to come out of the door.

Old Bloke

Jan 30, 2014
Oxfordshire
This is a shot in the dark but are you talking about a 'roll pin' looks hollow inside, if this is what it is then it expands to grip the surrounding metalwork. Usually they can be persuaded to move by using long handled pliers to contract the pin by squeezing it then allow it to be pulled out. A bit of WD 40 will help.

Old Bloke

Jan 30, 2014
Oxfordshire
Have a look at.......Workshop manuals.com seat Should give an idea of your removal requirements, as per usual special tools are needed. With a bit of ingenuity this can be overcome.
Regards
Old Bloke

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
If you haven’t done this yet , screw a self tapping screw into the plastic plug and pull it out with pliers

Too refit put pin in the glass first the slide down into mech

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise