Locking - Remote Key Doesn’t unlock doors but interior lights come one

donebay

Jan 13, 2018
Hey All,

I'm a new poster new here, although have read many threads.

I have recently purchased, a Mk2 Leon FR550 (2008 car), one owner from new with just over 70k on the clock.

I appear to be having some issues with the remote/central locking.

When using the buttons on the key to unlock (including pushing twice to unlock all doors) the interior light comes on, but only the boot and the back passenger doors open, but sometimes only the boot.

When I unlock the drivers door with the key, including turning twice, it also fails to unlock the other doors, although I can get in the drivers door at least.

Using the unlock button, in the centre of the console, also usually fails to unlock all the other doors, with a couple of exceptions.

I have to pull the Handle on each door individually, to allow them to be opened from the outside.

After reading several other similar threads, I have replaced the battery in the key, although it makes no difference.

It only leaves me to think its the door locking modules, but surely I cant need 3 of them?

Any advice appreciated, sorry if this has been covered several times before, but couldn't find an exact story the same as mine

Cheers!

ray

Jan 7, 2016
My passenger door lock has went fault, so sometimes locks/unlocks with the interior and the remote.

Apparently they are prone to failing so I would be thinking that was the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise